Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Person of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Trees grow back and nobody reads Time magazine anymore.
    True dat.

They don't cut down conifers for pulp anyway. They cut them for lumber. Once the logs are milled for lumber the waste products (sawdust and chips) go to the pulp mill to make paper products. We had a pulp mill here for a long time but it was closed due to the environmental regs and less demand for paper.

For awhile they were growing deciduous trees for pulp around here but I think that isn't profitable anymore with the decreased demand. They never harvested the trees once they reached a marketable size.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-12-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Those folks complaining that HK full size guns are limited to 15 round mags need to just get over it and stop with the protests.

I'm stuck with 10. That should be protest worthy.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm vaguely aware she's a climate change advocate, but haven't paid attention otherwise. Did she do something other than whip up a fury on social media, or is that pretty much it?
    Not much more than that. There was some whiny, entitled screeching in an address to the UN, but that's been about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I follow an Aussie couple's YouTube sailing a liveaboard catamaran. They seem like some nice folks and have some interesting perspectives. I happened to flip over to their i-gram channel and.... Guess whose smiling face was a guest on the boat.
    Yup, they are giving her a ride back to the next place to scold us all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The irony. A magazine that uses EEEEEEEVVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLpaper to distribute its stupidity puts an autistic child who wants to save the trees and planet on its cover. I think they are mocking her. Isn’t it bad juju to mock special needs kids???

Thunberg: "The real danger is when politicians and CEOs are making it look like real action is happening, when in fact almost nothing is happening, apart from clever accounting and creative PR."

I agree--except she and her followers are part of the same futile effort to slow or reverse climate change by trying to change human behavior.

If she got behind climate engineering, she could make a real difference.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    she could make a real difference.
    Nobody gives a f$ck about making any difference. This whole crap is not about climate regardless what is happening to it. It is about 2 things:

1) It is a tool to fundamentally change American "evil" capitalist economy that is responsible for all the bad things around the world according to those people. Saikat Chakrabarti, a Chief of Staff of AOC, for example, openly revealed that "it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all ... we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ief-of-change/.
    BTW, this is why I love AOC - she does not hide anything and says what Pelosi, for example, thinks.

2) It is a way to convince the certain part of population to vote Democrats because "we all die if you don't". It is like the end of the world prediction - donate your money to the church and get "saved."

This is why nobody is seriously talking about real measures that would make a difference. Like addressing real major sources of pollution - China and India, for example
    Last edited by cheby; 12-12-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Nobody gives a f$ck about making any difference. This whole crap is not about climate regardless what is happening to it. It is about 2 things:

1) It is a tool to fundamentally change American "evil" capitalist economy that is responsible for all the bad things around the world according to those people. Saikat Chakrabarti, a Chief of Staff of AOC, for example, openly revealed that "it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all ... we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ief-of-change/.
    BTW, this is why I love AOC - she does not hide anything and says what Pelosi, for example, thinks.

2) It is a way to convince the certain part of population to vote Democrats because "we all die if you don't". It is like the end of the world prediction - donate your money to the church and get "saved."

This is why nobody is seriously talking about real measures that would make a difference. Like addressing real major sources of pollution - China and India, for example
    Totally agree. This would be far more damaging than anything Trump would continue to do, and why I’ll likely end up voting for him.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

New president of the EU commission wants to "invest" 1 trillion Euro until 2030 into what she calls "Green Deal":

tagesschau.de/ausland/green-deal-101.html (Google translation)

No joke. If it would be her money, I would say nothing. In defense of my fellow European people: She's not elected democratically.

Don't like this climate campaign. The Swedish girl is only a useful idiot.
    Last edited by P30; 12-12-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Well it answers the question "Is Time Magazine still in business?"

User Tag List