Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Person of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I know what happened to that, dude, it’s obvious. The wisdom of crowds, man, the collective spiritual power and raw intuition of the west happened. Clearly, we were on the edge of extinction, but all our peeps/tribe started buying trucks and SUVs for their commutes, along with 2 Starbucks lattes a day in paper cups with plastic lids. CAFE and cafes, to the rescue. By the time the ice age would have wiped out 19/20ths of humanity, we had Hummer H2s and Ford raptors as daily drivers, and all our food (and mobile entertainment/comms/data) came in plastic—the better for our oceans to trap all that desperately needed heat.

Humanity happened, as humanity always does when the chips are down. Humanity, and 707hp Dodge Chargers, and ipads, and man-made elastomer yoga pants, and Amazon delivering a 12-pack of surefire cr123 batteries or a single J.K. Rowling paperback in a 12" x 12" cardboard box packed with inflatable plastic millions of times a year, and Burgundy region escargot and Australian/Japanese wagyu beef overnighted on FedEx planes for dinner.

We saved ourselves, and had a big time doing it, I’d say.

Y’all are welcome.

"Doing our part one latte at a time!"

Well, I’m doing my bit to help, and to increase my carbon footprint..I heat my house with a outside wood burner, and I drive a pickup..

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Seen elsewhere, someone said it makes perfect sense - a petulant child railing against things they don't fully understand and can't control. That's President Trump in a nutshell.
    FIFY.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Comrade of the Year 2019: Greta Thunberg

Name:  ELt-E6XW4AEHf2u.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  87.2 KB

Edit to add: Petulant children who presume to lecture adults about things they don't understand deserve to be spanked.

Adults who manipulate and abuse children to further socio-political causes deserve to be spanked... with an axe.
    Last edited by Drang; 12-13-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Same source as last ones:
    Name:  79483748_10157830723918024_3340501073201725440_o.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  41.6 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I believe in the sterilization of idiots. Already I have started a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Edit to add: Petulant children who presume to lecture adults about things they don't understand deserve to be spanked.
    I wouldn't spank her, I would ignore her. She wants attention however she can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I wouldn't spank her, I would ignore her. She wants attention however she can get it.
    It is entirely possible this whole racket is her parents’ idea. She wouldn’t be the first teenager used in that way, sadly.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

https://i.redd.it/0hpl3eatz1711.jpg

If I did that I'd have nasty notes all over my windshield.

Because we have a lot of trees around here we have a lot of tree huggers.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-14-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    +1

all the attention placed on her by our side, and DT's tweets is playing into their plan

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List