Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is anyone doing Glock finger groove removal with a stock appearing finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I just did three of them like that. I don't have a picture of them right now, but this is the finish I use where the humps were. I leave the factory texturing in place.

Her is a picture of an undercut with the texturing, and a frame bevel I did on a 4th Gen to match a slide bevel. This is what the area where the finger humps looks like when finished.

I'll get some shots of one of the ones I did this afternoon when I get home from work.

I can also remove the finger humps and just texture the rectangular area in a fine texturing, like this, but only in the front strap area.

TXPO
    That looks great!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That looks great!
    I'll second that! Very nice work.

This is the victim for the project. It currently is not carried often, and has a Magpul mag well that I was given to evaluate which may come off - the jury is still out.

Name:  F2670CF8-C2B4-4372-BD6A-1AE88BCFDFB5.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  102.9 KB
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 12-14-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

For those that prefer no finger grooves, how did you come to the conclusion that removing finger grooves helps your performance?
    When I had a G30G3 the finger groves were fine. I switched to a G29G3 and the fingers grooves didn't work. My theory is more/different recoil with the 10mm and it squirmed around in my hand. I had them removed and an undercut done and my grouping improved. I have more contact with the grip with the finger grooves removed on my G29 and it helps keep it on target. These days I'm carrying a G19G4(with the large backstrap/beavertail) which has been undercut with some grip work, but still has finger grooves. The undercut helped align my fingers with the grooves. A regular ol'G19 Gen2 or 3 grip never felt right in my hand.
    --Jason--

No finger grooves....

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No finger grooves....

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Not Glocks.

Glock pattern guns. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Great work as usual. I would love to shoot that to how it feels/shoots with the grip reduction.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For those that prefer no finger grooves, how did you come to the conclusion that removing finger grooves helps your performance?
    Glock knuckle is a thing for me. I’ve tried to just power through it, build up a callous, and under cutting the trigger guard.

I finally ground the bumps off my Gen3’s. My performance is better because I can actually practice without bleeding

User Tag List