Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone doing Glock finger groove removal with a stock appearing finish?

Is anyone doing Glock finger groove removal with a stock appearing finish?

I’m finding I really prefer the non finger grooved frontstraps on my Gen5s. Is anyone commercially doing finger groove removal with a front strap finish that is as close to stock as possible? I know getting diamonds is unlikely, but I don’t care for the vast majority of stippling styles I’ve seen. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Just buy a Gen 5, another Glock is a good thing.

ATEi would be where I would look if you really want something, but after you look at the price, I'm back to just buy a Gen 5.

https://ateiguns.com/product/custom-...-slide-options
    Last edited by Clay1; 12-11-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Just buy a Gen 5, another Glock is a good thing.

ATEi would be where I would look if you really want something, but after you look at the price, I'm back to just buy a Gen 5.

https://ateiguns.com/product/custom-...-slide-options
    They have some nice looking guns on there. I just want a Glock with a nice trigger and sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    They have some nice looking guns on there. I just want a Glock with a nice trigger and sights.
    I own, Gen 3, 4 and 5 Glocks. I personally think that the Gen 5s are the nicest.

Full disclosure, I just ordered two Overwatch Precision Gen 4 Tac Flat triggers (just because I wanted to try a duty rated flat trigger on a couple of carry guns)

Go be happy.

My understanding is the FBI asked that finger grooves be deleted from the M pistol design, and that is why they are not on Gen 5 pistols.

Despite thinking I disliked finger grooves, and spending good money to remove them over the years, I have come to the realization that I shoot better with a Glock with finger grooves. Other folks I respect have come to a similar opinion, although the larger magwell on Gen 5 pistols may offset this removal of finger grooves. My hope is the Gen 6 gets finger grooves back.

For those that prefer no finger grooves, how did you come to the conclusion that removing finger grooves helps your performance?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For those that prefer no finger grooves, how did you come to the conclusion that removing finger grooves helps your performance?
    I have skinny fingers. Buzzing the finger grooves off a Gen 3 or 4 helps me ram my fingers up as high as I can.

It doesn't make much of a difference, but on scored drills I do better with no finger grooves when accuracy and distance is a factor. Time hasn't really been as much of a factor as accuracy - when my fingers are spread it starts to show at longer distances (10+ yards).

I've removed them and stippled several Gen 3's, but if I had to spend money again I'd just get a Gen 5. And probably still stipple it to my preference, but at least I wouldn't have to cut off the finger grooves.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 12-11-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m finding I really prefer the non finger grooved frontstraps on my Gen5s. Is anyone commercially doing finger groove removal with a front strap finish that is as close to stock as possible? I know getting diamonds is unlikely, but I don’t care for the vast majority of stippling styles I’ve seen. Thanks!
    HD, we are in the same boat.

I have a 2016 G19 G4 upper that was modded for a red dot by L&M. I was going to sell it but decided to buy a new G4 G19 lower for it.

I have very large hands and actually prefer the factory texture.

I dont care for the finger grooves, and if I could find someone to remove them while retaining the factory front strap texture and a Jarvis high cut front strap..... thats all I want.

here is the Jarvis front strap I want

I qualed with this issued piece today. Very smooth

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    I removed the finer grooves on a gen 3 26. I just took a dremil and a barrel sanding bit and went slow. I got it close and then finished it by hand. I could have left it but I finished it with a set of talon grips. I enjoyed it a while and decided I had to have a gen 4. I've never gotten the urge to remove the grooves on the gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I removed the finer grooves on a gen 3 26. I just took a dremil and a barrel sanding bit and went slow. I got it close and then finished it by hand. I could have left it but I finished it with a set of talon grips. I enjoyed it a while and decided I had to have a gen 4. I've never gotten the urge to remove the grooves on the gen 4.
    I greatly prefer the grooves on the 26. I’m ambivalent about the larger guns but for me the 26 really benefits from them.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Finger grooves = blisters.

No finger grooves = no blisters.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List