Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Patrol Car Seat Covers?

RFI: Patrol Car Seat Covers?

Short and sweet.

Ive had my 2018 Police Interceptor SUV for almost two years now and the driver's seat is starting to develop holes from getting in and out. My agency will not replace seats so im stuck with eventually having a seat that ends up with no padding and giant rips throughout. Id rather avoid having a lumpy seat like I had in my Crown Vic.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some custom seat covers? Preferably made out of cordura or some other highly abrasion resistant material?

Site Supporter
    A few years ago I researched seat covers and I had it narrowed down to marathon and wet okole. I didn’t get any but I should. They are not cheap. I remember a local dept bought recaro seats when guys started making injured officer reports and going to the doctor. They had bought those little Chevy front wheel drive patrol cars.

Our City Fleet guys will send our seats to be repaired and recovered. We had a few get chewed up by dogs that managed to get out of their kennels.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

CoverKing has a couple of fabric options that might work:

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...at-covers.html

I’ve got their mesh covers and like them, but those wouldn’t work at all for duty use.

I have an 07’ crown Vic. Fabric has held up but the foam not so much. Steering wheel is disintegrating. Car has been reliable. Getting a new Charger next year. Our Chargers have been poor reliability wise. Not looking forward to it.

Someone is doing Carhartt canvas seat covers. Both in the construction brown and, iirc, a gray. That might be "an" answer.

Never had to look at covers for patrol cars but am considering those for my truck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Someone is doing Carhartt canvas seat covers. Both in the construction brown and, iirc, a gray. That might be "an" answer.

Never had to look at covers for patrol cars but am considering those for my truck.
    I can recommend the Carhartt covers. We have them in our Ford chassis medics and they've held up really well.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    CoverKing has a couple of fabric options that might work:

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...at-covers.html

I’ve got their mesh covers and like them, but those wouldn’t work at all for duty use.
    10-4. I looked at some of their "tactical" offerings. They're supposedly made with cordura so those should hold up well.

I found a company called Tiger Tough that apparently makes some REALLY nice covers. They've got a long standing history of supplying covers to LE and apparently they reinforce the area where the duty belt rides. They will also do custom colors and embroidery so that's pretty neat. I reached out to a local dealer who gave me an approximately quote of 150-170 per seat color, options dependent. For a vehicle that im going to have for another four years, I'm thinking this is a pretty cheap investment.

Banned
    What about the Bamboo seat covers that are supposed to allow for ventilation? It seems like they'd stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    What about the Bamboo seat covers that are supposed to allow for ventilation? It seems like they'd stand up.
    The last time I used those I was probably a kid in my dads car and I remember them moving around way too much. I also never liked the sound that they made when you sat on them and then when you stood up. Not to get too overly tactical ninja but id rather not have something that makes any more noise than necessary.

User Tag List