Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W shield ez in 9mm released

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Like a Swartz (sp?) system.

You have a good point, it’s not really an issue. Just more of my curious mind wandering and wondering.
    The Swartz system works just fine when it is timed correctly. Issues develop when it is not.

I haven't paid too close of attention to grip-safety related issues with the EZ 380, but I can't remember hearing any. I have a feeling it is likely not going to be an issue with these guns. I'm thinking I'll try to pick one of these up early spring once they've been out for a few months.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Yes, the Five Seven has the slide wings. I believe it was the first pistol to incorporate them. Really a bold and innovative design all around.
    I was carrying a pistol with slide wings a coupe of decades before the Five-seveN came out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I got one out of curiosity. Same height and length as the 3.6, just a tad slimmer. While it works fine, I don’t like the way they put the rear sight screw under the rear slide-weird and different. Really not digging the grip safety.

I wish it would have had an external hammer, something to compete with the XDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    ...I'd love to know what if any passive safeties the 9EZ employs: inertial firing pin; firing pin block; etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I read a post on another forum that the grip safety activates the firing pin block...
    Alien Gear reviewed the 9 EZ (didn't know they did reviews) and state it has a firing pin block. Presume it's timed to the grip safety, but still unconfirmed.

https://aliengearholsters.com/blog/s...eld-ez-review/

Lotta chat on the forums about this gun, many preferring the non thumb safety version; would these folks carry a cocked-and-locked 1911 with the thumb safety off, or without one at all?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Lotta chat on the forums about this gun, many preferring the non thumb safety version; would these folks carry a cocked-and-locked 1911 with the thumb safety off, or without one at all?
    Probably...
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I got one out of curiosity. Same height and length as the 3.6, just a tad slimmer. While it works fine, I don’t like the way they put the rear sight screw under the rear slide-weird and different. Really not digging the grip safety.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I wish it would have had an external hammer, something to compete with the XDE.
    I prefer the internal hammer, actually. I don't ride the hammer on a 1911 into the holster, anyways, instead opting to ride the thumb safety and loosen my grip, to release the grip safety, once the gun starts into the holster. The reason I prefer the internal hammer is, I've never had any portion of a gun get dirtier from regular carry than the area of an exposed hammer. Sure, I blow the gun off and clean it, but still.

Man, I don't even worry about what dudes on Smith and Wesson Forum of Glock Talk think is a smart thing to do. I'm not convinced some of those guys could have ideas if they rubbed two brain cells together.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

Are you having issues with the grip safety?

When will this 9mm EZ be on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    When will this 9mm EZ be on the market?
    A few days ago.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List