Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W shield ez in 9mm released

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I would put it more as the plastic version of the 9mm Pocket Hammerless I kind of wish Colt would make.
    Yes. Pretty much this.

I admit, I'm kind of excited about this one. From the MrGunsandGear video, the slide and frame thickness looks pretty close the M&P 2.0. I won't be surprised if they can share some holsters. What's more this is the kind of gun that would work in my stupid Cherries Deep Concealment holster, without 1) Stabbing me with a beavertail or hammer like a 1911. 2) Without giving me the willies when I go to reholster it.

My biggest complaint so far: Looks like the rear sight is the EZ380 rear sight, but the front sight might be the same as the Shield 9 dovetail. That's a bit of a bummer, if they weren't going to cut the rear for straight up M&P9 sights, they should have just gone with the bolt-on EZ380 sights, would be faster to change the sights then.

If this thing runs, I'll probably be on the hook for 2 or 3 of them. I can use them to replace Kahrs, finally retire my 3913LS, and not spend an inordinate amount of time and money trying to make an Officer's sized 1911 run.

I got to say I'm actually excited for this little gun.

Good job S&W listening to the consumer. I think they are likely to have a major winner on their hands here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    It’s hammer fired....
    It doesn’t appear to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

It has an internal hammer according to what I've read.

Maybe in internal hammer like the Ruger Security 9??
    That one is easy to rack as well, maybe that's why?

If you watch the Mr Gunz n gear video you can see the hammer when he does the field strip.

I wish they'd gone with an exposed hammer but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Easy racking from less recoil spring and, in a hammer fired gun, less mainspring, is limited in a high pressure round like 9mm P.

I wonder if the cam track is more gradual than usual for longer locked travel.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

not spend an inordinate amount of time and money trying to make an Officer's sized 1911 run.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-11-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What was the issue with your Shield EZ?

Did you try the similarly sized LC380, or just the LCP?

I bought a P250 380 for my wife. It's the one with a subcompact slide mounted on a compact frame, with 15 round mags. The recoil is super light, and the slide is crazy easy to rack. We haven't run into reliability issues with it yet*, but that slide sure is sluggish and riding on what feels like the ragged edge of functionality.

*In true SIG form, the gun was assembled improperly with the firing pin canted, which resulted in light strikes as it was hitting the rollpin. No issue since I reinstalled it correctly.
    Just tried the LCP. My two examples have worked flawlessly. I have not shot tons of rounds through them, but a few hundred and no issues, even when covered in pocket lint and not that well oiled.

Regarding the EZ Shield in .380.

200-225 rounds all FMJ 95grn. UMC, WWB, and Federal.

Issues with all types of ammo.

15 or so malfunctions.

Failure to pick up next round in mag
    Failure to eject spent casing, leaving spent casing in chamber
    Failure to feed

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

Also, I think that the secret sauce of racking of the 9EZ is actually "wings" at the rear of the slide. They are not evident in photographs taken from the side, but they certainly work. IIRC, HK had those on something like P30 first, but I may not remember right.
    I haven't messed with a Five seveN in quite a few years but I seem to recall that gun has the wings.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List