Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for VA members to discuss anti-AWB strategy and tactics

Local news is reporting that the Governor will hold a press conference today to announce some sort of “state of emergency” for Monday’s rally. Details are apparently not completely clear yet.

This from USA Today.

Thousands plan to lobby Virginia over gun control. Now, the governor may ban them from bringing guns

McLEAN, Va. — Thousands of openly armed people could be headed to the state Capitol next Monday to lobby and rally against proposed gun control regulations and for their Second Amendment rights.

Gun rights advocates organizing the event have promised a "peaceful day to address our Legislature," but their efforts have sparked a much larger, grassroots movement that has drawn interest from gun owners and militias around the country.

Meanwhile, late Tuesday, The Associated Press and Washington Post reported that Gov. Ralph Northam plans to declare an emergency and ban all guns around the Capitol on Monday, citing fears of violence similar to the deadly white nationalist in Charlottesville rally in 2017. Northam's office would not confirm the reports but said the governor would hold a press conference later Wednesday.

Driving the momentum is opposition to a host of gun control proposals from Northam and Democrats, who in November won full control of the state's government for the first time since 1993.

"The governor and leadership in the Democratic party have declared war on law-abiding gun owners and they're tired of it," Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, told USA TODAY. "It's basically people saying we're fed up. We've had enough.

"The governor has touched the third rail. He has motivated people to drive across the state and from other states to come protect our rights."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This from USA Today.
    This tells me the Capital Police aren't quite in alignment with our "betters" (emphasis/bolding mine):

Macenka (Capital Police spokesman) said Capitol Police have not heard much from out-of-state groups but dismissed the comparison between the lobby day and Charlottesville attack. "Charlottesville didn't seem to have any purpose. People seemed to come together bent on committing violence," Macenka said. "There is some very serious legislation at issue here."
    Chris

So first they ban carrying guns from the buildings, and now they want to restrict it around the capital?

Screw that. I say everyone legally allowed to do so, carry. I’d even suggest openly because it’s getting to where the point needs to be made they (the governor and other lawmakers trying to pass such draconian bills) are representatives of the people, and the people get a say-so in the rules. Stay as polite as possible of course, but I’d say it’s time for some civil disobedience. Continuing to placate them and accept their rules is going to accomplish nothing short of allowing them to succeed.

The legislators can make whatever bogus excuse they want about wanting to restrict the carrying of weapons at the event, but the truth is they’re rightfully scared of the hornet’s nest they’ve kicked. As they should be.

Truth be told I’m surprised nobody’s made a sincere effort to start placing some of these politicians under citizen’s arrest (is there a provision for such in VA?) for what is effectively treason.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 01-15-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    Looks like the Governor has declared a state of emergency banning all weapons from capital grounds from fri-tues.

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/A...566993421.html

They should've strung this idiot up for his blackface antics. He's an embarrassment and a tool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Looks like the Governor has declared a state of emergency banning all weapons from capital grounds from fri-tues.

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/A...566993421.html
    From the article:

Northam said, "I believe wholeheartedly in the constitutional rights of citizens to come to their state representatives and make their views known. I also believe in the right to debate, and the right to assemble. And I believe in the right to bear arms.

But what we have seen and heard in recent weeks has the potential to go far beyond these constitutionally protected rights."
    The potential? No sh*t!

Freedom isn’t safe. If our rights didn’t have the potential to be abused, they would not have any potency at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They should've strung this idiot up for his blackface antics. He's an embarrassment and a tool.

What? I mean he’s only invoking extraordinary emergency powers to suspend constitutionally enumerated rights....

It’s not like he’s circumventing the legislative process in blocking practices that break no law. He wasn’t even wearing black face during the announcement.

Sheesh you’d think this was some sort of harbinger......

😉

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Truth be told I’m surprised nobody’s made a sincere effort to start placing some of these politicians under citizen’s arrest (is there a provision for such in VA?) for what is effectively treason.
    I don't see how those types of statements are helpful for VA gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I don't see how those types of statements are helpful for VA gun rights.
    I don't think he intended his post to be taken literally. It's a sad state of affairs no matter how you look at it.

User Tag List