Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for VA members to discuss anti-AWB strategy and tactics

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Well, what you do is, confront them 24/7.. have people in front of their house 24/7, if the go out to eat, confront them in the restaurant, make their life miserable, follow them wherever they go, and confront them, don’t let up until they resign.
    Absolutely not.

How about a new state license plate?
    Name:  78336246_10108749667812423_6798911402544201728_n.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  12.3 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Sounds childish. Plus decent people have self respect, are occupied making a living, have responsibilities, a life...
    And you’re dealing with people that have none.. And when they pass these laws, disarm these people, then tell me, what’s all that self respect gotten them then? At that point they might still have their self respect, but they’ll be disarmed, the state will have successfully took their property from them, and they won..it’s really that simple.. VA is a test bed, they want to see how far they can go, and they intend to push it as far as the possibility can, and if that means sending the state police to somebody’s door to collect their guns they’re going to do it, and gauge the reaction..( they’re perfectly willing to sacrifice some cops, and angry gun owners ) if all they get is a bunch of noise, then, they’ll continue, and other states will take notes..If it doesn’t get stopped here, expect it to start in other states..

I’ll admit my post above was a little over the top, but some kind of action is going to have to be taken, and soon. It appears (from what I’ve been reading) that they plan to implement these laws rapidly, so that there little or no time to do anything about it. This tells me this is something they’ve had on the back burner for awhile, and now they have a chance to try it out. And since none of these people can be recalled, the citizens of VA will have to wait until they’re terms are up before they can get rid of them. In the meantime, a lot of damage can be done.. The people doing this know that they’ll probably only be one termers, but they don’t care, they will have set a precedent, one that will be used in other states.. And a grateful president Bloomberg( provided he manages to buy his way in) will be all too happy to find them a job in his administration..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    And you’re dealing with people that have none.. And when they pass these laws, disarm these people, then tell me, what’s all that self respect gotten them then? At that point they might still have their self respect, but they’ll be disarmed, the state will have successfully took their property from them, and they won..it’s really that simple.. VA is a test bed, they want to see how far they can go, and they intend to push it as far as the possibility can, and if that means sending the state police to somebody’s door to collect their guns they’re going to do it, and gauge the reaction..( they’re perfectly willing to sacrifice some cops, and angry gun owners ) if all they get is a bunch of noise, then, they’ll continue, and other states will take notes..If it doesn’t get stopped here, expect it to start in other states..

I’ll admit my post above was a little over the top, but some kind of action is going to have to be taken, and soon. It appears (from what I’ve been reading) that they plan to implement these laws rapidly, so that there little or no time to do anything about it. This tells me this is something they’ve had on the back burner for awhile, and now they have a chance to try it out. And since none of these people can be recalled, the citizens of VA will have to wait until they’re terms are up before they can get rid of them. In the meantime, a lot of damage can be done.. The people doing this know that they’ll probably only be one termers, but they don’t care, they will have set a precedent, one that will be used in other states.. And a grateful president Bloomberg( provided he manages to buy his way in) will be all too happy to find them a job in his administration..
    I feel your frustration and you may be 100% right in your assessment. However it turns out they won't stop pushing for more and more gun control. The most effective recourse may very be non compliance/civil disobedience.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Absolutely not.
    I re-read this and realized that my post could be interpreted different ways. Just to be clear, what I meant was: "Absolutely do not do any of the above." This is wrong on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I feel your frustration and you may be 100% right in your assessment. However it turns out they won't stop pushing for more and more gun control. The most effective recourse may very be non compliance/civil disobedience.
    BINGO!

But people with jobs, retirements, mortgages, and pensions won't be doing any type of civil disobedience. You'll barely find them at a protest. People today are living comfortable lives and aren't willing jeopardize that, even for gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    BINGO!

But people with jobs, retirements, mortgages, and pensions won't be doing any type of civil disobedience. You'll barely find them at a protest. People today are living comfortable lives and aren't willing jeopardize that, even for gun rights.
    Non compliance mean keeping your guns, mags, etc and not reregistering them, that is civil disobedience. Anything less is cowardess an un-American. Freedom over comfort is worth risking. Choose wisely! We're not just talking about gun rights today but your ability to fight back against future tyrants. Germany, Russia, China, Cambodia, Iraq, Africa...they exterminated people they disagreed with and those people didn't have the means to fight back.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 12-15-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    BINGO!

Current events in Virginia suggest otherwise. There’s been absolutely massive turnout at board of supervisors meetings, and the good people of the Commonwealth are on to the nefarious machinations of the gun grabbers. Instead of a nuanced, gradual approach to achieving their goals, they’re opting to go full on totalitarian right out of the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread for VA members to discuss anti-AWB strategy and tactics

Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-15-2019 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Fat fingers on a Sunday morning. Please delete.

Double tap. Mods, please delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List