Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for VA members to discuss anti-AWB strategy and tactics

Site Supporter

Thread for VA members to discuss anti-AWB strategy and tactics

I don't know if we want to start a new thread where we just discuss strategy for the upcoming session, but I just want to advise people that if they are only planning to go to Richmond on the 20th for lobby day, that will almost certainly be too late. They will be moving these bills very quickly, and we need every gun owner/supporter who is available to be in Richmond during the hearings. As soon as we get the schedule House Militia, Police, Public Safety subcommittee (now potentially going to be renamed just "Public Safety") and Senate Courts of Justice, I'll post it here.

New thread created.
    #RESIST

Suggestion? Keep this out of the "public" view?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Suggestion? Keep this out of the "public" view?
    Whatever @joshs wants.
    #RESIST

At the Hanover County supervisor meeting now. Doesn’t start till 3pm but already standing room only

I thought of making a similar suggestion about starting this thread - then I reconsidered on the off chance the opposition wanders by here to do some recon/research. If ya’ll wanted to exchange info via an email thread, I would be willing to coordinate that. If we did something like that, you could PM me your email and we could just keep replying to all till it runs its course.

I have a few very pointed questions that I would love to see posed (cold) to the pols making these proposals. I will PM that to Josh momentarily, but perhaps others smarter than me could use my thought to springboard to an even better place.

How about this,... PM me your email if you want in on an email chain. If not, no worries.

Have not been active on this forum for some time, but following because this sucks.

Site Supporter
    Following with sincere interest because:

I'm certain that in 10 years , Texas will have the same bullshit to deal with. I need to see what works and what doesn't. At least see what's being tried.

I genuinely feel sorry for you VA folks.

fixer et. al - all is not lost. Only because the citizens of Virginia are rising up and protesting these proposals in droves. It is a true grassroots effort. All the local and county level politicians are largely on board. I have hope that Virginia will end up going full Colorado.

I adopted Virginia as my place to retire in large part because of the people I interacted with there. So far, they have more than vindicated my judgement (state legislators excluded).

[QUOTE=Tensaw;966487] citizens of Virginia are rising up

This so much. My close friend and former team SGT attended the Isle of Wight meeting last night. Thousands of people from all walks of life. It’s truly inspiring and completely organic. He described it as “the most polite angry mob he’s ever seen “

Something real is happening. Politicians have wet dreams imagining ways to get people this motivated.
    Last edited by EPF; 12-13-2019 at 10:11 AM.

User Tag List