Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here's the new Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The new Tahoe looks ok but who ever guessed the $100k sticker price isn’t too far off. SUV prices have gotten ridiculous.
    Especially when crew cab pickups are half the price. If you don't need a 3rd row you don't lose much with a pickup and tonneau or topper.

Lets just say I'll be hanging on to my '84 K5.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I thought about a 2019 Tahoe or Yukon but just could not get over the $$$. My 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R will have to be good enough (plus I have a 2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab if I need "big").

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you hid the bowtie, I wouldn't be able to tell you if I was looking at a Tahoe, an Expedition, or a Durango.

There are worse things in life, but that front end/grill treatment is begging for some breakup. That monolithic grill is uglier than Jaws from Moonraker.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I want to like it . . . I just can't get with that predator/Lexus ripoff grill. It kills the whole damn look for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I'm totally not a car guy, but is it bad when my first thought looking at that was 'well it's not as ugly as I thought it was going to be'? On a 0 to Pontiac Aztec scale that's barely a 7.

I'm all about body on frame SUVs. I had a 79 Cherokee, an 88 Pathfinder, an 01 Xterra, and now driving an old man truck (frontier). If my only choice is a unibody SUV, I'll just get another truck when this one dies.
    That front angle is unique to the Z71 Offroad Package. The standard Suburban/Tahoe has the more traditional, full front.

Name:  CE07FC89-242B-4443-A6B8-D5B0E48A7874.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  58.8 KB

I like it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I believe that means the only stick rear axle SUVs left out there are the Jeep Wrangler and the Toyota 4Runner, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser. Everyone else has gone independent rear axle. I get it, most SUVs are car-based unit-body construction today, anyways.
    Not that it really matters but the Sequoia has been IRS for about ten years now.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I'd like it better with a chrome grille and bumper. But I don't really dig the "sport" look. If you love it, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Just bought a new 4Runner. I don't have anything against unit body vehicles as it's the best set up for most people. All I've ever owned is the live axle- body on frame vehicles. I guess I'm a dinosaur.

When we (or rather "I", depends who tells the story) totalled my wife's 4Runner I said well let's look at Tahoes, I always liked those. Saw the price and told my wife to pick whichever new 4Runner you want.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 12-11-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I'd like it better with a chrome grille and bumper. But I don't really dig the "sport" look. If you love it, go for it.

When we (or rather "I", depends who tells the story) totalled my wife's 4Runner I said well let's look at Tahoes, I always liked those. Saw the price and told my wife to pick whichever new 4Runner you want.
    4Runners still aren't that expensive considering everything. 37K got me a lot of stuff like nav, heated seats, BT phone and a sun roof. Limited/TRD packages can tack on another 6K. Originally I was going to replace my Duramax with a 1/2 ton Silverado but 40K didn't seem right for the package I wanted. Jeezus, they have a million things on those vehicles that I don't want or need that jacks the price. GM is going TU again if they don't get their act together.

Scotty (YouTube) says buy a Ford if you want a 1/2 ton truck.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They still aren't that expensive considering everything. 37K will get you a lot of stuff like nav, heated seats, BT phone and a sun roof. Limited/TRD packages can tack on another 6K.
    Yeah, you could almost buy two 4Runners for the price of a loaded Tahoe. We got the Limited. Not for the AWD or other "fancy" stuff that came with it, but it had (mostly) leather vs the Softec in the SR5's. Not that you'd tell much of a difference when you look at or sit on it, but we thought the (mostly) leather would hold up to terrier dogs better. So far so good.

I hate those dogs. And they're my little best friends, who love going on truck rides. Fahk.

I dunno it looks meh. If you told me it was a 2010 model I’d believe you. It just needs French fries under the seats, grease marks on the doors, kid puke, and a pack of diapers in the back to give it that family smell of a three owner 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    I dunno it looks meh. If you told me it was a 2010 model I’d believe you. It just needs French fries under the seats, grease marks on the doors, kid puke, and a pack of diapers in the back to give it that family smell of a three owner 2010.
    Say what you will about the Tesla truck- it's not more of the boring same same.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List