Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's the new Tahoe

If you hid the bowtie, I wouldn't be able to tell you if I was looking at a Tahoe, an Expedition, or a Durango.

There are worse things in life, but that front end/grill treatment is begging for some breakup. That monolithic grill is uglier than Jaws from Moonraker.

Did I read that they went to independent rear suspension? No longer live axle/leaf springs like a 1/2 ton pickup?

I guess it's become the official federal gov't cop hauler anyway. Needed a better ride and more room for gear. Maybe bullet proof glass.

GM lost its styling mind in 2008 so no surprises there.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-11-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I want to like it . . . I just can't get with that predator/Lexus ripoff grill. It kills the whole damn look for me.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Did I read that they went to independent rear suspension? No longer live axle/leaf springs like a 1/2 ton pickup?

I guess it's become the official federal gov't cop hauler anyway. Needed a better ride and more room for gear. Maybe bullet proof glass.

GM lost its styling mind in 2008 so no surprises there.
    Leaf springs are better for armored vehicles.

That's funny about it being the official federal govt cop hauler, though.

You watch way too much TV.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That is correct.

I believe that means the only stick rear axle SUVs left out there are the Jeep Wrangler and the Toyota 4Runner, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser. Everyone else has gone independent rear axle. I get it, most SUVs are car-based unit-body construction today, anyways.

The body-on-frame truck-chassis SUV is not that long for the world, I'm afraid. Soon only specific enthusiast vehicles will be built that way and even those will be compromised.

Site Supporter
    I'm totally not a car guy, but is it bad when my first thought looking at that was 'well it's not as ugly as I thought it was going to be'? On a 0 to Pontiac Aztec scale that's barely a 7.

I'm all about body on frame SUVs. I had a 79 Cherokee, an 88 Pathfinder, an 01 Xterra, and now driving an old man truck (frontier). If my only choice is a unibody SUV, I'll just get another truck when this one dies.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

It looks like a Lexus porked an astrovan, and that’s just from the front plate to the windshield. After that, it gets worse. The proportions are somehow totally off-putting, as if the designers were answering the unspoken question "what if we took the old one and gave it too many extra pounds and serious cankles...?"
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My issued work car has been a Tahoe since 2010. My current ride is the state contract vehicle. It’s pursuit rated and has plate armor in the doors. Tahoe’s and Expeditions are rapidly replacing Crown Vic’s as they mile out. It’s not just a Federal ride.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    My issued work car has been a Tahoe since 2010. My current ride is the state contract vehicle. It’s pursuit rated and has plate armor in the doors. Tahoe’s and Expeditions are rapidly replacing Crown Vic’s as they mile out. It’s not just a Federal ride.
    How do you like it?
    #RESIST

User Tag List