Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: What makes a Glock so shootable

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Didn't some cops just shoot a bystander and a hostage?

I'm not getting how "shoot ability" is further down the ladder for a life saving tool.
    Would a different pistol have mattered? If not, it's irrelevant. For a duty pistol, the ability to not shoot when you don't want to is a huge consideration. Everyone draws a lot more often then they shoot, and cops point a lot more than they shoot. Hence things like DAK and LEM that aren't the most shootable triggers but help manage risk in no-shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Except that shooting in competition or a real gun fight you aren’t going to be in perfect position with the feet and body ever.
    I'm not a big fan of never and always. I was able to set my feet and lean into my gun several times during my real gun fight. Sure, sometimes it was modified to roll out from behind cover, sometimes I was on the move, but when I set and fired at the end I was exactly how I trained on the square range. I won't say it mattered. Maybe I could have been balancing on one foot and had the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    My understanding of the concept is that taking your fist and bringing your arm across your chest helps “do something” with your arm that isn’t being used and keeps your balance close to your core instead of having a free arm waggling about. I find it useful and typically see consistently better shots vs letting that arm do whatever it wants.
    I *think* it was @Mas who told me this, but I can't recall 100%. The "t-rex arm" posture simulates a specific injury to your arm so that your bicep has contracted due to the lack of resistance after your upper arm bone has been broken. You can still close your fist but can't uncurl your arm. Latching on to your own clothing helps stop the arm from swinging around upsetting your balance, etc.

It's definitely proven that tightening your off hand helps your strong hand grip tighter simultaneously. I don't recall the name for why, but it's got to do with the way the nerves tell the muscles to fire.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

<snip>

It's definitely proven that tightening your off hand helps your strong hand grip tighter simultaneously. I don't recall the name for why, but it's got to do with the way the nerves tell the muscles to fire.
    In the medical literature, I've seen it called "Interlimb Interaction" and in the firearm community referred to as "sympathetic squeeze reflex".
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 12-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    In the medical literature, I've seen it called "Interlimb Interaction" and in the firearm community referred to as "sympathetic squeeze reflex".
    Paging @Nephrology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Paging @Nephrology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never heard that term before but I probably wouldn't be the person to ask anyway. @Enel might know however.

User Tag List