Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Experior

Wilson Combat Experior

A new line of 1911s from Wilson available in single stack or double stack with barrel lengths from 3.5" to 6" with some interesting modifications:

All single stack EXPERIOR models feature WAVE frame rail clearance cuts for lower friction operation in adverse environments. The WAVE clearance cuts hold lubrication and ensure that your pistol will smoothly cycle even when caked with excessive fouling, sand or grit. A new EXPERIOR barrel locking lug design on the 9mm models has a reduced forward locking surface to further enhance cycling in adverse conditions or with reduced power loads without sacrificing accuracy or durability.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/experior-full-size/

Name:  XP-FS-9_Main-RT-copy.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  94.6 KB
    Last edited by Amp; 12-10-2019 at 02:33 PM.

I always wanted experior barrel lugs. Finally someone listened.

Site Supporter
    Sounds like mud rails on 80s P226s.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    The WAVE clearance cuts hold lubrication and ensure that your pistol will smoothly cycle even when caked with excessive fouling, sand or grit.
    I'm guessing they bump the rails with a ball end mill.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm guessing they bump the rails with a ball end mill.
    No. This is wave technology. Not to be confused with the Shark deal from last week. For dynamically operating in adverse conditions.

The 9mms have internal extractors, I wonder if the EDC X9 line will move to internal extractors?

Last edited by Amp; 12-10-2019 at 03:49 PM.

So some of the changes Wilson implemented for the EDC-9 and EDC-X9 -- rail cuts, single lug for 9mm -- are brought forward into this line, but keep the internal extractor so as a not to ruffle the purists.

Claims of increased reliability but hard to quantify, and they also have said the same about barrel fluting, of which I'm doubtful.

I'm interested, but I like Wilson generally, anyway. It sure seems a tough time to be a 1911 manufacturer right now, especially a spendy one -- they all seem to be scrambling presently to break molds.

But we're burying the lede: Wilson is offering this in 9mm as a double-stack...

ETA: Never mind on the double-stack; no beavertail grip safety so I don't count at as a true 2011.
    Last edited by Wingate's Hairbrush; 12-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Wilson Combat Experior

In my opinion, which counts for just about nothing, Wilson has really lost their way. I guess they still get tons of business, but I don’t think anything they’ve put out in the last few years is as good as anything they were putting out about 10 years ago. I guess at least they’re innovating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 12-10-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    No. This is wave technology. Not to be confused with the Shark deal from last week. For dynamically operating in adverse conditions.
    And asymmetric checkering for asymmetric warfare. I'm going to hold off on taking divots out of my slide rails.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    In my opinion, which counts for just about nothing, Wilson has really lost their way. I guess they still get tons of business, but I don’t think anything they’ve put out in the last few years is as good as anything they were putting out about 10 years ago. I guess at least they’re innovating?
    To give Bill Wilson some credit, I'm sure it cost him a boatload of money to start making his own frames and slides. At least he's not ass raping the company like the owners of S&W, TC, Marlin, Remington, etc. It may not be innovation, but he's not plundering.

I kind of like the grenade checkering, but eXperior is an idiotic name. For the price I'd buy a decked out CQB or Supergrade before I'd buy one of these.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Wilson Combat Experior

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And asymmetric checkering for asymmetric warfare. I'm going to hold off on taking divots out of my slide rails.

To give Bill Wilson some credit, I'm sure it cost him a boatload of money to start making his own frames and slides. At least he's not ass raping the company like the owners of S&W, TC, Marlin, Remington, etc. It may not be innovation, but he's not plundering.

I kind of like the grenade checkering, but eXperior is an idiotic name. For the price I'd buy a decked out CQB or Supergrade before I'd buy one of these.
    I agree the name is terrible. I’d also never buy a Supergrade as I think they are a marketing thing as well with no real benefit. I miss the days of nice CQBs and Classics. Now we’ve got Xtacs, ACPs, and Experiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 12-10-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

User Tag List