Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter (s) NJ

Site Supporter

Active Shooter (s) NJ

Multi scene active shooter situation reported in Jersey City, NJ.

Developing.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Goddamnit.
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Article says all the schools are safe, thankfully. Here's hoping the wounded officer pulls through.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

CWM11B
    Latest report I saw, the officer was a victim of police gunfire. I'm surprised it doent happen more in these events.

From witness interviews and Twitter footage, it sounds/looks like it may have been a plainclothes/UC operation gone awry.

Waaayyyyy too many plainclothes cops on scene before uniforms, and witnesses said that the shooting started with a bunch of plainclothes officers. I mean, it's lunchtime, so I guess it's possible an entire plainclothes unit was getting lunch together and happened to be in the right place at the right time....
    Last edited by TGS; 12-10-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Keep in mind intail reports are often wrong.

Updated media info:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newyork...hooting-4/amp/

Site Supporter
    A shooting in NJ?! NJ was correctly called a "gun owner's hell" by the NRA when I lived there, and has only gotten worse since I left. How is this possible?

Given the number of shots fired and the population density in that area, I am surprised that there were not more deaths and injuries. Hoping for a good recovery for the injured officers.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 12-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Each subsequent report is more dire.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Initial reports sound like this was a running gunbattle between the suspects and the cops. Heard several law enforcement officials in this incident (and the Pensacola incident as well) describe this as an 'Active Shooter'. I can understand the media's confusion, but a running gunfight with crooks committing crimes generally isnt the same thing. Both incidents bring up the need to train 'Priority of Fire' and shooting with innocents downrange. Been harping on this for the last year, and the necessity of devoting time to these issues....so far I'm being ignored.

Site Supporter
    Refreshing the OP link....

The deadly mayhem started when the slain officer was investigating a murder and approached two suspects — when one of them opened fire, shooting the officer in the head and killing him, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

The two suspects then fled in a rental van and holed up in a grocery store a few blocks away, near Martin Luther King Drive and Bidwell Avenue, about 8 miles southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, law enforcement sources said.

The suspects and three civilians were killed inside that grocery store in the ensuing gunbattle, sources said.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List