Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And then there was one...

Barrels are interchangeable on the 1187, so yes. Also Aimpoint makes a RDS that clamps onto vent rib.

As much as I don't care for the aesthetics, those side saddle shell carriers are really handy. Spent lots of time with the 1187P and dummy shells loading from a Brown Coat Tactical carrier, to the point that I became 100% convinced of their utility. I ordered a 4-shell version to try on this SG.

WML - check.

Side Saddle - check.

Sling - check, but only to be attached as needed.

This is how I'm envisioning the setup right now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Barrels are interchangeable on the 1187, so yes. Also Aimpoint makes a RDS that clamps onto vent rib.

As much as I don't care for the aesthetics, those side saddle shell carriers are really handy. Spent lots of time with the 1187P and dummy shells loading from a Brown Coat Tactical carrier, to the point that I became 100% convinced of their utility. I ordered a 4-shell version to try on this SG.

WML - check.

Side Saddle - check.

Sling - check, but only to be attached as needed.

This is how I'm envisioning the setup right now.
    Out of curiosity, how is the Brown Coat side saddle holding up? Any issues running shells brass down?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Out of curiosity, how is the Brown Coat side saddle holding up? Any issues running shells brass down?
    The one I have is about a year old. I keep shells in the saddle 24/7 and they're still held tight, no issue with shells down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    The one I have is about a year old. I keep shells in the saddle 24/7 and they're still held tight, no issue with shells down.

Thanks!

Echoing the Browncoat Tactical praise, I've had a pair of their two-shell carriers loaded for the past year with a fair amount of dry use. Though I carry them brass up, I've had no issues retaining shells.

OP, I’m sure you know this, but I need to say it... your a good dad👍

I put together a WML that I think is fitting of the host and is fully capable of the mission;

With its tightly focused hot spot, the EDC Plus drop-in works nicely for a WML. Interestingly, at typical inside-the-house distances, the narrow yet well-defined hot spot would appear useful for POA purposes. The Malkoff tailcap with momentary-only switch also works well for WML application with a nice tactile feel to the button operation and where constant-on operation is rarely (if ever) needed. There's just enough room to unscrew the tailcap and clear the furniture to change the cell.

There is barrel shadow in the spill but when sighting down the rib and focusing on the target, it is not noticed. The hot spot is in the clear with plenty of space around it.

So this looks like it: a custom WML and Brown Coat Tactical 4-shell card installed. I went with the 4-shell version to make it a little less tactical Timmy, with two rounds each of LE127 RS and LE132 00 onboard to cover any grab-'n-go contingency. I also have a Wilderness ZipLoader12 ready to roll and a few slings that can be attached as needed.

I may have asked you this in the past, if so I apologize, what's your barrel marked?

I'm guessing it's 2 3/4" only. Just wondering what they run for cost. My 1187 could use a rehaul, but I'm painfully cheap.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I may have asked you this in the past, if so I apologize, what's your barrel marked?
    12 GA for 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells.

It also has the pressure compensation feature.

User Tag List