With certain DA guns, I've noticed that it's more difficult to keep the sights on target when the trigger breaks (in DA). The sight picture tends to "bounce" with anything short of a trembling, grimacing, white-knuckled death grip. Apparently, it's overtravel...

Name:  IMG_6175.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  35.1 KB

Recently picked up this DAK P239. Believe it or not, that little piece of stick-on rubber really does work--as long as I have a halfway decent hold, the sights stay put when the hammer falls. Before, they were prone to jostle slightly with the break.

That said, I suppose a better/more permanent solution would be nice. Anyone try these aftermarket trigger options?

-Galloway Precision makes the Short Stroke "Onyx" trigger for the P239/P225-A1. It has pre/post travel screws.

-Armory Craft makes aftermarket P2XX triggers that have overtravel screws. Isn't 100% clear whether those work with DAK, though.

-I don't think Grayguns offers any trigger options for the P239? But maybe I didn't look hard enough.

-Any others?

Beyond that, does anybody have any brilliant DIY overtravel solutions (that are better than stick-on rubber)? I've read a post from one guy who used some sort of epoxy and then filed it down? And I think other PFers have mentioned they've rigged some solutions.

Thanks.