Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    So what happened to those ATF agents that that Horowitz (IG) singled out in the F&F investigation?
    I don't think I'd condense multiple decades into one incident. I won't get into specifics of investigations I'm aware of here...but that is not intended to say that there have not been oversights during oversight...and whitewashing, certainly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't think I'd condense multiple decades into one incident. I won't get into specifics of investigations I'm aware of here...but that is not intended to say that there have not been oversights during oversight...and whitewashing, certainly.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone gets fired over this IG report (has to resign with pension intact) like Holder.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Bottom line, the FBI are the good guys. Unfortunately the majority of the GOP (per polling these last few years) thinks they are the bad guys now.
    Good, but globally incompetent if the report is correct. Keep in mind that the media and establishment narrative has been that the hardworking agents of the FBI and other members of our intelligence apparatus are beyond reproach. This report directly challenges that notion and calls out ALL members of this hand-picked team of agents and DOJ staffers for their inability to follow the simplest of processes...and these were supposedly among the cream of the counter intelligence division’s crop.

I’ve always faulted Trump for publicly doubting the abilities of our intelligence community. I’m embarrassed to say that this report yet again undermines my criticism of Trump - our elite counter intelligence agency cannot manage its most high profile cases.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone gets fired over this IG report (has to resign with pension intact) like Holder.
    Most have already either quit or been fired (Comey, McCabe, Strozk, etc.).
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Most have already either quit or been fired (Comey, McCabe, Strozk, etc.).
    But I need something to be outraged over!

I'm outraged that the IG didn't fire people who were already fired, even though I know the IG doesn't have the power to fire people to begin with! THEY'RE FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, DAMN YOU SENSEI!

!!!!!!!!OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    ...I’ve always faulted Trump for publicly doubting the abilities of our intelligence community. I’m embarrassed to say that this report yet again undermines my criticism of Trump - our elite counter intelligence agency cannot manage its most high profile cases.
    And the results of the failures...Trump's presidency is undermined and people's lives are ruined.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Good, but globally incompetent if the report is correct. Keep in mind that the media and establishment narrative has been that the hardworking agents of the FBI and other members of our intelligence apparatus are beyond reproach. This report directly challenges that notion and calls out ALL members of this hand-picked team of agents and DOJ staffers for their inability to follow the simplest of processes...and these were supposedly among the cream of the counter intelligence division’s crop.

I’ve always faulted Trump for publicly doubting the abilities of our intelligence community. I’m embarrassed to say that this report yet again undermines my criticism of Trump - our elite counter intelligence agency cannot manage its most high profile cases.
    IMO you grade too strictly but that is not unusual among alums in general.

The uniformed military are also treated by the media and establishment to be beyond reproach and most are good to great but we know there are also all sorts of degenerates or just plain duds too.

Of course no individual or org should be beyond reproach unless perhaps they are a high priest of one of the tribes.

I don't see equivalency between Trump's malign undermining of the whole institution for being engaged in a "deep state" conspiracy to stage a "coup" and "overthrow" him and the errors thus far reported. Therefore I don't think your criticism is significantly undermined.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Did anyone actually expect Horowitz to burn down his own house?
    With him in it?

Or maybe he is just going to let Durham do the heavy lifting?
    Your question works the other way, too: Does anyone actually expect Barr to do anything other than buttress Trump's conspiracy theories?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

As I wade my way through the report, the one striking constant is how many people do not recall what they did, who they met, and what was said. I am not in LE, but I am a senior manager and have tons of meetings with both internal and external parties. My notes are copious and are all in electronic form (more than 7 GB per year per IT reports), so that I can search them as needed. I may not be able to recall my exact words or actions, but the notes are enough to address any issues of who, what, and where. In that respect, I am like Director Comey who recorded his thoughts about his meetings with President Trump. Yet it appears almost none of the government employees, including attorneys who are always taking notes, involved in an extremely sensitive investigation for the same organization as Director Comey, kept notes about core issues and contacts. If for no other reason that CYA.

My experience tells me the infectious lack of recall is defensive at best and an attempt to avoid perjury at worst. Stuff like the below (page 281 of the report) reinforces this belief.

The FBI drafted a total of 13 FD-302s documenting its meetings with Ohr. None of the FD-302s were added to Steele's closed CHS file.
    Last edited by farscott; 12-10-2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: logic

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    As I wade my way through the report, the one striking constant is how many people do not recall what they did, who they met, and what was said. I am not in LE, but I am a senior manager and have tons of meetings with both internal and external parties. My notes are copious and are all in electronic form (more than 7 GB per year per IT reports), so that I can search them as needed. I may not be able to recall my exact words or actions, but the notes are enough to address any issues of who, what, and where. In that respect, I am like Director Comey who recorded his thoughts about his meetings with President Trump. Yet it appears almost none of the government employees, including attorneys who are always taking notes, involved in an extremely sensitive investigation for the same organization as Director Comey, kept notes about core issues and contacts. If for no other reason that CYA.

My experience tells me the infectious lack of recall is defensive at best and an attempt to avoid perjury at worst. Stuff like the below (page 281 of the report) reinforces this belief.
    Love it! Mine too and I am alone among my current peers in that respect. This is a habit I consider a mark of professionalism.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List