Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    By a few degrees. It sounds like Durham may want to prosecute the lawyer who doctored an email to back up what he said in a meeting. Possibly leaving out info about Page providing the CIA information? I'm all for wait and see.

Barr is another story. Compare his take on the M Report and then your reading of the actual M Report. Highly concerning.

Oh and this is rich, the IG recommends the FBI look for more advice from the top levels of the DoJ before embarking on sensitive investigations.

But it looks very strong that this was a properly predicated investigation (as I posted predictively a year or two ago here ). Which is to be expected. Dozens or more staff working on long and complex applications . . .

I guess we will find out. Interesting choice for Durhams office to break radio silence over this issue. Strikes me as a guy who doesn’t say what he can’t prove.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/s...-john-h-durham

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I guess we will find out. Interesting choice for Durhams office to break radio silence over this issue. Strikes me as a guy who doesn’t say what he can’t prove.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/s...-john-h-durham
    Bazinga!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Did anyone actually expect Horowitz to burn down his own house?
    With him in it?

Or maybe he is just going to let Durham do the heavy lifting?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Horowitz also did a 2 year investigation of Fast and Furious. That report reads about the same as this one. Lots of recommendations but nobody was held accountable. Just more BS that nobody in the fed gov't is going to take seriously. The FBI is exonerated. Nobody is going to lose their pensions. Nothing to see here, everyone get back to work.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Horowitz also did a 2 year investigation of Fast and Furious. That report reads about the same as this one. Lots of recommendations but nobody was held accountable. Just more BS that nobody in the fed gov't is going to take seriously. The FBI is exonerated. Nobody is going to lose their pensions. Nothing to see here, everyone get back to work.
    Awww, damn. I forgot he was involved in the F&F debacle.
    If I had remembered that, I wouldn't have even turned the news on today.

He does a great job soft pedaling the worst of the report, it should be titled" We're to incompetent to be biased.", based on all the "errors" and "omissions" committed by the bureau.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I don't know how you can read that report, or the summary, and say everything was done by the book. It quite literally says while they found no evidence of malice, many parts of the investigation were done improperly. Many parts which likely had high visibility were done improperly. And again, while there was no evidence of malice intent, the explanations for the numerous oversights and errors was "insufficient".

In the private sector that kind of review would result in people being fired and walked out of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Did anyone actually expect Horowitz to burn down his own house?
    With him in it?

Or maybe he is just going to let Durham do the heavy lifting?
    It's not his own house. He's not with the FBI, nor was he previously FBI. He's the Inspector General of the Department of Justice.

A given department's OIG is separate......very separate, by design, from the agencies under that department.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-09-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I don't know how you can read that report, or the summary, and say everything was done by the book. It quite literally says while they found no evidence of malice, many parts of the investigation were done improperly. Many parts which likely had high visibility were done improperly. And again, while there was no evidence of malice intent, the explanations for the numerous oversights and errors was "insufficient".

In the private sector that kind of review would result in people being fired and walked out of the building.
    It's just your normal federal incompetence. Nothing there to start howling about. Nobody ever gets held accountable because...................it's tax payers money we're dealing with here. Nobody really has any skin in the game.

When I worked for the gov't the "investigation" was supposed to strike fear into your heart. All of the old timers knew that was code for if we find anything we're going to give you a bad performance evaluation and possibly a reprimand. I worked there for 30 years and had several of those but the bottom line was it never affected a dime of my pay or retirement. It's all BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's just your normal federal incompetence. Nothing there to start howling about. Nobody ever gets held accountable because...................it's tax payers money we're dealing with here. Nobody really has any skin in the game.

When I worked for the gov't the "investigation" was supposed to strike fear into your heart. All of the old timers knew that was code for if we find anything we're going to give you a bad performance evaluation and possibly a reprimand. I worked there for 30 years and had several of those but the bottom line was it never affected a dime of my pay or retirement. It's all BS.
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement based upon my time in gov't service from 1977 to 2004.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement based upon my time in gov't service from 1977 to 2004.
    So what happened to those ATF agents that Horowitz (IG) singled out in the F&F investigation?
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.

User Tag List