Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

Is FBI still giving out monetary bonuses to management for doing wiretaps? It might have been a rumor from years back, but it could explain a lot of this B.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gearqueer; 12-13-2019 at 12:42 AM. Reason: TMI

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    When the fucking Rolling Stone is raising the bullshit flag...
    When Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, and I agree. It may be a sign of the apocalypse......

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/12/...the-u-s-media/

For everyone pooh-poohing the significance of this report and the FBI's involvement, please remember that many police departments were forced into DOJ oversight/consent decrees for civil rights violations much less pervasive than this. A cop shooting the wrong guy, or for the wrong reasons in the heat of the moment pales in comparison to these highly-educated criminals that decided to lie and violate civil rights from the comfort of leather swivel chairs after hours of deliberation.

It's time to demand accountability and disband the FBI as the most corrupt LE agency in the country. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - it's been 35 years since Father Dodd's Latin 2H. but I still get the gist of it.

I'm not defending Trump, I'm defending the principle that LE agencies should avoid politics, as much as possible. I will also not argue that an investigation was not warranted; the allegations should have been investigated, given the stakes and the necessity to safeguard our electoral process. However, the conduct of the FBI leadership harkens memories of J. Edgar Hoover and a darker time. Time to make an example.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    IMO you grade too strictly but that is not unusual among alums in general.

The uniformed military are also treated by the media and establishment to be beyond reproach and most are good to great but we know there are also all sorts of degenerates or just plain duds too.

Of course no individual or org should be beyond reproach unless perhaps they are a high priest of one of the tribes.

I don't see equivalency between Trump's malign undermining of the whole institution for being engaged in a "deep state" conspiracy to stage a "coup" and "overthrow" him and the errors thus far reported. Therefore I don't think your criticism is significantly undermined.
    I never got the impression that Trump thought the entire FBI, or CIA for that matter, was part of a “deep state” conspiracy. My understanding is that he generally qualified his criticism to key payers within our intelligence and counterintelligence apparatus. Thus, I never took his statements personally, and I never take what comes out of his sewer seriously.

However, there is a foul stench coming from the CI Division and perhaps the NS Branch. In this case, the agents and staff were hand picked for Crossfire Hurricane and there was curious overlap with the manpower used for the Clinton “Midyear” Investigation. If we examine the techniques used by the same team for both investigations, there is a dichotomy in the tactics and intrusiveness employed. One was treated with kitten gloves to the point of being a joke, the other got brass knuckles.

Moreover, I’m not sure that this latest report can in anyway assure us that the Crossfire Hurricane staff, from stem to stern, are part of the good guys. In fact, Horowitz assigned 2 possibilities for the FISA errors - incompetence or intentional malfeasance and he specifically did not try to distinguish between the two unless a subject of his inquiry admitted to malfeasance. Under his standard, simply having no answer or explanation was sufficient to to give the employee the benefit of the doubt when it came to political bias. The IG made not attempt to infer motivations based on the totality of evidence. I tend to agree with Barr and Durham who do not subscribe to this approach.

I predict that Kevin Clinesmith is toast; he will be indicted within a few weeks. He will then be pressured to roll on higher-ups in the Crossfire Hurricane team. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that he will not be the only ones facing charges.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-16-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List