Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh I just meant this investigation’s existence never leaked. It got announced.
    Got it. That is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    When no one is believable, the only recourse is to use the aggregate to make your own determination. Believe no one; believe everyone.
    “The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”
    - Gary Kasparov

We must fight this. IMO.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It will be a trip if an FBI agent pinned for some FISA warrant problem is one of the pro-Trump guys.

“On November 9, the day after the election, the SSA contacted another FBI employee via an instant messaging program to discuss some recent CHS reporting regarding the Clinton Foundation and offered that ‘if you hear talk of a special prosecutor .. .! will volunteer to work [on] the Clinton Foundation,’” the report stated. “The SSA’s November 9, 2016 instant messages also stated that he ‘was so elated with the election’ and compared the election coverage to ‘watching a Superbowl comeback.’ The SSA explained this comment to the OIG by saying that he ‘fully expected Hillary Clinton to walk away with the election. But as the returns [came] in .. .it was just energizing to me to see …. [because] I didn’t want a criminal to be in the White House.’”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ro-trump-bias/

1st Amendment rights. Special Agents haz dem.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Read most of the report and listened to some parts of the hearing.

My take(s)…

Many, many, folks working hard in DC and none of it is helping to dispel the myth of a deep state. When Alex Jones sounds reasonable, we've simply lost our way.

The whole town is a toilet and should be flushed for similar reasons.

The whole debacle is what happens when "investigations" are weaponized against political opponents.

Critical institutions are severely and irreparably damaged when people, using the inherent trust owed to them and their position, scheme and conspire to produce an outcome they find acceptable. This is huge...when people don't trust entire branches of government, or election outcomes, that is revolutionary level material. Taxation without representation? you betcha...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Bottom line, the FBI are the good guys. Unfortunately the majority of the GOP (per polling these last few years) thinks they are the bad guys now.
    Ummm...what report are you reading?

Because the Horowitz report I'm reading shows submission of false information to a FISA court and using a "dossier" that they found to be completely bogus as a basis to continue surveillance.

That's not good guy behavior.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Ummm...what report are you reading?

Because the Horowitz report I'm reading shows submission of false information to a FISA court and using a "dossier" that they found to be completely bogus as a basis to continue surveillance.

That's not good guy behavior.
    Oh yeah. There are more posts here with more details. Look for one by a pro-Trump writer detailing errors and omissions. He does a nice job with it without hyperbole. And you should read the Dossier yourself (Amazon, dirt cheap). Several sections have born out true, ie Russians are hacking the DNC and using Wikileaks to distribute the stolen emails.
    Last edited by JHC; 12-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.

This is what I'm studying for a spell. This is a strong pro-Trump author
    I wouldn't classify Solomon as a "pro-trump author". He's been a reporter for a long time and it's only relatively recently that he's getting defined that way because he's been digging into a number of issues including the Russia investigation and the Ukraine matter.

If you look at the IG report and go back through his reporting on Russiagate, you'll see everything he reported on related to Russiagate proved to be accurate.

Sloppy or manipulative in violation of rules/standards/etc but wouldn't have really changed anything.
    Obviously they felt it did change things. Which is why they went to great lengths to hide information they are legally obligated to present to the court from the court.

There are supposed to be checks on the use of these powers so that they aren't abused. They set about violating these checks so they could get what they want, rules be damned.

That's fucking frightening.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wouldn't classify Solomon as a "pro-trump author". He's been a reporter for a long time and it's only relatively recently that he's getting defined that way because he's been digging into a number of issues including the Russia investigation and the Ukraine matter.

If you look at the IG report and go back through his reporting on Russiagate, you'll see everything he reported on related to Russiagate proved to be accurate.

Obviously they felt it did change things. Which is why they went to great lengths to hide information they are legally obligated to present to the court from the court.

There are supposed to be checks on the use of these powers so that they aren't abused. They set about violating these checks so they could get what they want, rules be damned.

That's fucking frightening.
    Well he's certainly hating on the FBI so there's that.

I can easily see how the IG concluded the errors and omissions didn't really change outcomes but were not up to standard.

Oh yeah. There are more posts here with more details. Look for one by a pro-Trump writer detailing errors and omissions. He does a nice job with it without hyperbole. And you should read the Dossier yourself (Amazon, dirt cheap). Several sections have born out true, ie Russians are hacking the DNC and using Wikileaks to distribute the stolen emails.
    Russians hacking the DNC is nonsense.

That allegation is based on an assessment made by Crowdstrike. The DNC servers were never examined by any outside forensic exerts. The FBI did not examine them. The OSC did not examine them. Nobody...I repeat...NOBODY...who was not on the DNC payroll EVER looked at those servers.

Which means that nobody who was not on the DNC payroll ever performed a proper forensic analysis.

The assessment that the Russians hacked the DNC server was simply accepted by the FBI after they were handed a REDACTED report from Crowdstrike. A report that had been redacted by DNC lawyers:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4134...strike-Reports

I'm not an expert in a lot of things, but I do have actual real life experience in the discovery, investigation, and remediation of hostile penetration of information systems. Nothing surrounding the handling of the alleged DNC hack is even remotely close to SOP.

So maybe start to rethink how much of that "dossier" we now know conclusively to be a partisan document full of bullshit actually "proved" to be "true."
    3/15/2016

Well he's certainly hating on the FBI so there's that.
    Pointing out that people with extraordinary power violated the restraints on using that power isn't "hating" on anyone.

It's not hating when people on this forum point out that a LE UOF video shows an officer who didn't meet the requirements for that use of force.

It's not "hating" when people point out that the people at the top of the FBI decided to piss all over the requirements that exist to prevent abuses of power. Abuses of power we were all stridently assured WERE NOT HAPPENING for years because of safeguards, only now to learn that those very safeguards were being skipped right the fuck over. That's the problem here.

To quote Horowitz himself: “The activities we found don’t vindicate anyone who touched this. The actions of FBI agents were not up to the standard of the FBI.”

I actually have contacts within the FBI and to paraphrase what I've been told over and over by those folks: If I tried any of the shit they pulled in this, I'd be in jail.

This shit is poison and the damage it is doing to the institution to be led by people willing to engage in this sort of thing is, by their report, immense.

Let's not forget just how many of the same personalities involved in this shit were accepting lavish gifts from media figures in return for information that they weren't supposed to be handing out. Comey was actually criminally referred by the IG's office, but DOJ declines to prosecute. Let's not pretend these people just made some mistakes. They're fucking corrupt.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-12-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List