Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horowitz DOJ report is out!

Director Wrap may not be long for the FBI either. He contradicted POTUS on a couple issues yesterday. His letter about the properly predicated investigation and also debunking Ukraine as the election meddler conspiracy theory.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump...ly-broken-fbi/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Your question works the other way, too: Does anyone actually expect Barr to do anything other than buttress Trump's conspiracy theories?

If by “buttress” you mean assign a truly impeccable non partisan prosecutor who eventually provide’s actual evidence in a court of law where the offenders are convicted, yeah that’s what I expect.

I guess at one point we had 2 competing sets of conspiracy theories. I’d like to remind everyone of Mr. Mueller’s testimony: “no evidence that ANY American citizen colluded with Russia”. Regardless of all the innuendo and spy novel drama in Mr Weismann’s report.

I patiently and dispassionately waited for 2 years while a huge team spent millions trying to determine the veracity of the “Russia did it” conspiracy theories. Now we should patiently and dispassionately wait to find out how and why very powerful people in our government lied to us for years that they had “evidence”. Had they proven Trump a traitor, I’d have been first in line with the pitchfork.

So far, the only claims proven true have come from Trump. He didn’t do it. Proven fact. Now we wait and see if the second half of his claim is true, that he was framed.

Im sure that all the Russia conspiracy theorists will apologize and accept the outcome if and when that happens 🙄

I will accept Mr. Durham’s findings one way or another. Will you?

Your question works the other way, too: Does anyone actually expect Barr to do anything other than buttress Trump's conspiracy theories?
    He's already started with criminal indictments.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    As I wade my way through the report, the one striking constant is how many people do not recall what they did, who they met, and what was said. I am not in LE, but I am a senior manager and have tons of meetings with both internal and external parties. My notes are copious and are all in electronic form (more than 7 GB per year per IT reports), so that I can search them as needed. I may not be able to recall my exact words or actions, but the notes are enough to address any issues of who, what, and where. In that respect, I am like Director Comey who recorded his thoughts about his meetings with President Trump. Yet it appears almost none of the government employees, including attorneys who are always taking notes, involved in an extremely sensitive investigation for the same organization as Director Comey, kept notes about core issues and contacts. If for no other reason that CYA.

My experience tells me the infectious lack of recall is defensive at best and an attempt to avoid perjury at worst. Stuff like the below (page 281 of the report) reinforces this belief.
    Lots of things get said that are conveniently forgotten. One of my favorite expressions is 'thats the first time I've heard that". Used a lot in the office where I worked.

I found in the private sector everyone generally pulled in the same direction. In gov't not so much. Sometimes it was hard to even know what the direction was and that was because of poor management.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-10-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have no specific recollection of the event.

I wasn't there.

It's not what you think it is.

I didn't know she was 14.

We were on a break.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Early retirements.

How true. Supporting evidence will certainly make a difference.
    I hope the Barr/Durham report isn't just the Horowitz report without the whitewashing.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is that true? Interesting if so. I haven’t seen that reported.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Director Wrap may not be long for the FBI either. He contradicted POTUS on a couple issues yesterday. His letter about the properly predicated investigation and also debunking Ukraine as the election meddler conspiracy theory.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump...ly-broken-fbi/
    Trump won't be satisfied until he gets a director like Barr.

Sort of goes against the entire mission statement of the FBI......to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States.

What's Jeff Sessions up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Bottom line, the FBI are the good guys. Unfortunately the majority of the GOP (per polling these last few years) thinks they are the bad guys now.
    What little trust and/or faith I had in that agency is long gone. The Federal government is a large stinking pile of corruption and incompetence.

Change my mind.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List