Thread: Will P229 (old style) 13 rd. mags fit a P226.

Will P229 (old style) 13 rd. mags fit a P226.

I no longer have a P229 Classic but I found some mags I didn't know I had. Recently shot a friends P226 and considering buying one. Sig has so many models it's hard to keep up. I know they fit P228 but have no idea about P226. Might buy a P228 if they don't.

Anyone know the answer?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Nope... magazine body is too short.

No. The 226 is larger than the 229.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I no longer have a P229 Classic but I found some mags I didn't know I had. Recently shot a friends P226 and considering buying one. Sig has so many models it's hard to keep up. I know they fit P228 but have no idea about P226. Might buy a P228 if they don't.

Anyone know the answer?
    The 13 round P229 9mm mags fit the P228 and will fit and function in the newer style P229s with the wider, .40 cal magwell but they are a little loose so I would restrict them to range use only.

The P226 has a longer grip than the 228/229. 226 mags will work in the shorter grip of the 228/229 but not the reverse.

Site Supporter
    If you want the 226, I would not settle on the 228 just to use the mags you have. You shouldn’t have trouble unloading the 229 mags and using that money to grab some mecgar 226 mags. That said, the 228 (and legacy 229) is a great gun as well. But get the one ya want.

Got it.

Probably should get a 226. That's a nice pistol and I can shoot it pretty well.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have always loved the aesthetics of the P22x line. I had an old West German 226, I liked the gun but the trigger was awful and I didn't want to dick with an all original gun that might be collectible one day. Plus it didn't have a rail. Sold it and got lucky a few months ago and found a barely used MK25 (one of my grail guns) for under $800 OTD. It's a nice shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List