Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Pepper Spray / OC

Fox Pepper Spray / OC

I've carried the Fox Labs OC in the past. My supply is out of date and wanted to buy some as gifts for Christmas. Nothing says love like OC.

Went to order some more and saw this:
    https://shop.foxlabs.com/collections...-spray-pattern
    The link basically says *To be updated soon* Anyone know what the change will be and why?

Looking over the rest of their site, I see that they have introduced this product: https://shop.foxlabs.com/collections...-three-squared
    This product talks about: "1.4% major capsaicinoids while only having a pepper content of 4%. In addition to increasing the potent stopping power, this continues to provide the added benefit of quicker decontamination than higher percentage formulas. With this being the new focus, we are thrilled to introduce FIVE POINT THREE2."

Basic question is should we just buy the old tried and true formula or the new stuff?

Smarter and more experienced minds than mine have suggested Sabre Red (not the gel) as the goto pepper spray.

Site Supporter
    I used to carry Sabre Red, but found the package a bit too big (that's what she said! ). I now carry PIM. The package is more discrete, making multiple passes through security at Disney, and smaller, which makes it take up less space in my pocket. There were reports of the clips breaking, but I've carried mine since August in Florida and Virginia heat and now Virginia cold and it hasn't as much as cracked.

Chris

@Chuck Haggard said Fox Labs blows.

Pom is the new favored brand. I tried to use Fox a couple years ago and it shit the bed.

I prefer Bodyguard brand OC. Oh course that was back in 1998 when I was in the academy. A little back story I love hot sauce. I order all sorts of different sauces. So the day I got sprayed I brought tortilla chips and queso cheese dip to go a long with the pepper spray. I got sprayed and my first thought was man this shit tastes great. A nice leathery cayenne pepper flavor. Then my face melted off and I choked on bodily fluids but it tasted great. Then I and the class snacked on the chips n’ dip. So if you want a great tasting spray which if you use it you will get some on you anyways, why not get a brand that tastes good too and works rather well?

I haven’t used Fox Labs in over 12 years, but when I used it on people and aggressive dogs it worked extremely well.

Site Supporter
    I found that Fox lost it's propellant pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Smarter and more experienced minds than mine have suggested Sabre Red (not the gel) as the goto pepper spray.
    My current agency issues Sabre Red. It is the worst spray that I’ve experienced (by worst, I mean most painful).

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I found that Fox lost it's propellant pretty quickly.

Once you use OC, expect to replace it soon since you punctured the seal.

Site Supporter
    I found that after a year or two, new unused ones would just dribble. For curiosity, I tested them. Other brands sprayed after a much longer time. I suppose one should trade out periodically, we do now. Carrying a Sabre, recently.

User Tag List