Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fox Pepper Spray / OC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    We have close to a dozen POM units among friends and family members, with some being carried for the better part of this last year. The only issues we've had are that some of the bottom sleeves (that slide over the actual cannister and where the clips are attached) have come loose and a couple have resulted in lost units.
    A small bit of glue seems to prevent this.
    If my friends and family had a decent size sample of a potentially life saving product, and roughly one out of every six of them fell apart causing the potentially life saving product to be lost, I wouldn't refer to it as the only issues. I'd refer to it as the really big fucking problem that makes the product a hard no-go until the company unfucks it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I like the POM for the form factor of the case and clip, and the fact that it is a flip-top. The reports of fragility don't exactly inspire confidence though.

It looks like Sabre has a similar flip-top (albeit without the handy clip):
    https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...nd-finger-grip
    This is what we were using a few years ago but started having difficulty finding it and when we did it was always the Gel. They were fairly sturdy.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 12-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    We recently switched from Saber Red fog to stream and gel is a personal purchase option.

Compared to the fog the stream and the gel both suck. The fog didn’t have much range and got on everyone, it had tremendous effect on the respiratory system. While not it’s intended use, fogging a suspect in the mouth and nose was way more effective than any OC in the eyes.
    I prefer the fog as well. Yes, there is a higher likelihood of cross contamination and the range isn’t as good as the stream, but especially for non-dedicated personnel, I think it’s much easier to make a decent “hit” on a miscreant. Sabre used to make a small fog spray called the Spitfire, which used to be my go-to as a spray I can keep on my keychain or in my pocket, but sadly, they don’t seem to make it anymore.

Does Sabre make any other small, pocketable fog sprays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    If my friends and family had a decent size sample of a potentially life saving product, and roughly one out of every six of them fell apart causing the potentially life saving product to be lost, I wouldn't refer to it as the only issues. I'd refer to it as the really big fucking problem that makes the product a hard no-go until the company unfucks it.
    I agree and that's why every unit we get now gets glue added to the part that separated and everyone has been shown and warned that if you attach a heavy key ring or similar to the POM unit and pick up the entire setup by the POM unit it clearly can separate (the likely cause of both instances of it happening). There have been no issues since I started doing this. If there was we would find another option.

If I had my preference everyone in the family would carry the larger SabreRed container that I prefer, but that's not realistic at this point.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 12-10-2019 at 03:19 PM.

User Tag List