Thread: P30 maintenance question

Site Supporter

P30 maintenance question

Hi all,

One of the things we love about Glocks is that it's so easy to tear them down completely and clean/maintain/inspect/lube them. I know a P30 is vastly different from a Glock when it comes to detail stripping. But if there a relatively painless process or strategy for taking a P30 apart that will allow you to clean and inspect and lube 80-90% of what's important? The slide is petty simple, so it's really mostly the frame I'm curious about. What strategy works for you? Thanks!

Chris

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Hi all,

One of the things we love about Glocks is that it's so easy to tear them down completely and clean/maintain/inspect/lube them. I know a P30 is vastly different from a Glock when it comes to detail stripping. But if there a relatively painless process or strategy for taking a P30 apart that will allow you to clean and inspect and lube 80-90% of what's important? The slide is petty simple, so it's really mostly the frame I'm curious about. What strategy works for you? Thanks!

Chris

You can completely disassemble a P30 with Youtube gunsmithing. The only difficult part is the Trigger Return Spring. The pliers sold for the job are worth the $10 or whatever
    they cost.

If a Glock is a 1 difficulty, I put the HK around a 3. For me the hardest part is remembering how all the levers at the rear slide over the shaft.

All that said it is probably unnecessary to ever detail strip the frame. Blow it out and add oil. But it is fun to do if you are bored and like legos.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-08-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    it is probably unnecessary to ever detail strip the frame. Blow it out and add oil.
    +1 Non chlorinated brake cleaner is your friend.

Why does HK not offer it's Armorer courses to non-LE/Mil?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    Why does HK not offer it's Armorer courses to non-LE/Mil?
    You are asking the important questions! I'd love to attend as well, but I'm 'only' a civilian HK enthusiast.

I guess it’s because they hate us so much!

Your favorite CLP and an air nozzle or canned air is your friend. It's not bad like everybody who's never done it says, but a full detail strip for cleaning probably is never necessary.

Site Supporter
    And as somebody somewhere said, it's best not to reuse roll pins, and as as been said, buy the correct punches before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I guess it’s because they hate us so much!
    And we suck!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List