Page 93 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Some manufacturers actually do engineer the cars to be worked on. They may even have standards, and if jobs can't be completed in the specified time, the systems have to be redesigned so they can. You can probably guess which manufacturers those might be.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

lost out on another one. oh well.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Tracked a GT3 today. Me likely. Whips around turns nicely, though still felt a little anemic in the straights (compared to my ‘19 Z06).

How Chrysler engineers snort coke.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Some manufacturers actually do engineer the cars to be worked on. They may even have standards, and if jobs can't be completed in the specified time, the systems have to be redesigned so they can. You can probably guess which manufacturers those might be.
    It isn't Honda. It took 20 minutes to replace a high beam bulb on the drivers side 2013 CRV. I didn't do it because I tried and failed. So I let a NAPA guy do it. Actually two NAPA guys. The first guy gave up. He got the windshield wipers first crack so he's earning his 15 an hour.

The prob is the GD fuse box that sits too close to the light assy. You can't access the bulb without being a racoon feeling around for meal in a coy pond. Bulbs need to replaced. No GD wonder the Japanese lost WW2r. Too little too late.

Get off my lawn.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-19-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My wife has an 07 CRV. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble with the f'ing bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    A couple of decades ago I worked in the auto industry and had some opportunities to work with prototype vehicles. I was told that one of the ways engine compartments were laid out was by who got their mock-up parts in the buck first. Which is how on one car there was an oil line running over the exhaust manifold. Or where you had to drop the front subframe to swap the alternator….
    Years ago I was friends with the manager of an auto parts store and that reminded me of one of his favorite sayings: “God love GM engineers because I don’t have to!”
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Hi Performance Oil Filters

So I was ordering some OEM oil filters for my Cobra and this popped up

Name:  9AAE6FC3-273A-428A-A05C-9BD2B89265F3.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  21.7 KB

At over 5x the price of the original 820S - is this just a ploy to get more money out of me or is it really worth it for normal non-track driving?

I’m thinking no.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Which manufacturers, which models ?

User Tag List