Page 85 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Site Supporter
    Big line of tornadoes went through Bowling Green, KY last night where the Corvette plant was. Corvetteforum guys were saying the plant was reported on fire and status of the Corvette Museum was unknown....

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Big line of tornadoes went through Bowling Green, KY last night where the Corvette plant was. Corvetteforum guys were saying the plant was reported on fire and status of the Corvette Museum was unknown....
    http://www.k105.com/2021/12/11/most-...roys-mayfield/
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I continue to see more and more C8s around town. And I LOVE the new model, but in an odd way it’s making me like the C7 even more. Prior to the C8 I thought the C7 was the coolest looking Corvette, after the ‘63 split window, and now I think that honor may go to the C8 in my mind. But somehow when I see a C7 now I love it even more.

Without being a Corvette aficionado, I wouldn’t know where to begin in terms of looking for one to buy. In initial searches it seems that prices are way up (like everything else now) beyond what I’d have thought so maybe this is the wrong time to buy anyway. But if one were looking, and looking for a “base” model and not a Z06, ZR1, GS, etc. is there a sweet spot for years to be looking at? Presumably avoiding 2014s as they were the first year, and maybe 2019s as they were the last?
    I was very wrong in my pre-COVID predictions for C7 prices. I figured they'd plummet with the C8 coming in at $60k. And maybe that would have been the case had the C8 been readily available at MSRP, but it seems to have stirred up a lot of new Corvette attention and prices are up across the board.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

the scamdemic has made car prices across the board impossible to fathom.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I continue to see more and more C8s around town. And I LOVE the new model, but in an odd way it’s making me like the C7 even more. Prior to the C8 I thought the C7 was the coolest looking Corvette, after the ‘63 split window, and now I think that honor may go to the C8 in my mind. But somehow when I see a C7 now I love it even more.

Without being a Corvette aficionado, I wouldn’t know where to begin in terms of looking for one to buy. In initial searches it seems that prices are way up (like everything else now) beyond what I’d have thought so maybe this is the wrong time to buy anyway. But if one were looking, and looking for a “base” model and not a Z06, ZR1, GS, etc. is there a sweet spot for years to be looking at? Presumably avoiding 2014s as they were the first year, and maybe 2019s as they were the last?
    I understand skipping the first year of the C7, but what’s the logic of the last year? You’ll probably find best deals on a 2014 for the C7. Aside from reasons already mentioned, I’d certainly skip the 2014 if you go with an automatic. That still had the lazy 6 speed auto. 2015 introduced the 8 and not only two more gears, but it shifts like a performance transmission should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I understand skipping the first year of the C7, but what’s the logic of the last year? You’ll probably find best deals on a 2014 for the C7. Aside from reasons already mentioned, I’d certainly skip the 2014 if you go with an automatic. That still had the lazy 6 speed auto. 2015 introduced the 8 and not only two more gears, but it shifts like a performance transmission should.
    Just assuming that the last year of the run would command more of a premium than it might otherwise.

The transmission issue was one of the reasons I was thinking best to skip the first year, in addition to just general “never buy the first model year”.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Just assuming that the last year of the run would command more of a premium than it might otherwise.

The transmission issue was one of the reasons I was thinking best to skip the first year, in addition to just general “never buy the first model year”.
    When we bought our 2019, that was our reasoning for not waiting for the 2020. Good thing since said wait would have been a lot longer than initially projected.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I saw a report that Corvette production will be suspended for a week.

This is at the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, which is at the same location as the assembly plant:

Name:  264937118_10227289541453475_3389885959823978917_n_65d0368dfd56d5207956066517238d0cc3e327ce.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  264817933_10227289541733482_1862718163194103796_n_3a29d9170967d412747bdebd38368633814df6ea.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  91.2 KB

This is a must-see series of videos. Actor/fighter/musician Idris Elba has series on the history of cars with three 45 minute episodes with him tracing the history of cars and driving different types of cars all over the world. It's amazing. He looks at the first cars, tours Detroit, looks at street racers, goes to a Nascar track and other racing sports, and drives a lot of cool cars at fast speeds. Here is a link to the first in the series--the rest are available on youtube:

Second video: Idris learns how to drift and drive a lot of older and contemporary street cars:

third video: Idris learns how to Rally Drive:
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-04-2022 at 04:00 AM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    third video: Idris learns how to Rally Drive:
    That third episode was just amazing. It is rare for someone to fail on camera and Idris has my respect for taking that risk. I am also crazy jealous!

User Tag List