Page 26 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Modern aluminum V6 will be better in every way anywhere it fits.
    And not nearly as cool.

___

I find myself lusting after an RX3 lately. Is that stupid? Of course it's stupid.

I still want one.

Nothing crazy in it, mind you, a 12A with a very mild street port, sticky tires, and big brakes.

I just think the RX3 coupe is such a great looking, well proportioned car. To me, it's much like the first-gen GT-R.

___

Other things I find myself lusting after - a clean Citreon DS and Citreon 2CV, a Renault R5 Turbo...because apparently, I'm a masochist.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-24-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Found some of my pics from the old 1/8 mile strip Dad and I used to go to. We started going there to watch the racing in the mid-70s and the city finally shut it down 3-4 years ago. I'm pretty sure these are from one of the last times we were out there

Name:  IMG_0536.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  70.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0556.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  84.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0558.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  78.1 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I was musing the other day, maybe I should get one of those new "electric" cars...maybe reduce my carbon boot print or whatever it is.

Thinking of this one.

What do ya'll think?

https://youtu.be/92sXWVxRr0g

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    But an old school 240Z with this engine + wide body kit = Fucking Awesome.
    These Aussies are kind of silly, but what they've done seems right up your alley:

It is official. The new M4CS is here. Wow, what a car. Definitely a digital car. I have not pushed the car at all, just drove it home and put it into the garage. After I get the paint protection film installed in two weeks, then I will start driving it and breaking it in.

Here are some pictures:

Name:  C968E8A1-4BAB-48C3-8737-4C2D802DFE0F.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  FA136747-D63F-49A8-B64B-EFCD4586513B.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  90.7 KB

And the new M4 with the M3:

Name:  Cars M3 M4CS_008.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  101.4 KB
    Last edited by Trigger; 01-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Very pretty.

What I like best about my caged v8 swap e30 is it is so analog. No power brakes. No power steering. No ABS. Bumpsteer that can make the steering wheel fight you under g-loads. And a symphony of glorious ‘murican v8 music.

As the old saying goes, “it’s why there are tailors” - because the same thing doesn’t fit everyone.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yup on the personal.

My Goldilocks is the E36. Power brakes that are good. (E46 ABS is better, but I haven't gotten into what's required to make it work without a BMW ECU.) Power steering that is the best. Very little bump steer, and what's there is correctable.

More jinba ittai, less pig wrestling.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Trigger-

NIIIICE.

Gyro’s first thought- “Holy Shiiite- you can get an M4 in red?”
    My wife is probably tired of hearing me gripe that that BMW stopped offering M cars in red.
    If M2s were available in red, I’d probably already have one (okay, maybe not, but still...)

Imola Red is the best color ever for an M car... what color is that?

Gyro’s second thought: “Trigger and I have so much in common. Must put clear bra on anything I value and plan to keep for the long term.”

Gyro’s third thought (these all came very rapidly (sts)): “Is he keeping the E92 M3?” Hard to let a car like that go. Especially in red...”

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    It is official. The new M4CS is here. Wow, what a car. Definitely a digital car. I have not pushed the car at all, just drove it home and put it into the garage. After I get the paint protection film installed in two weeks, then I will start driving it and breaking it in.

Here are some pictures:

Name:  C968E8A1-4BAB-48C3-8737-4C2D802DFE0F.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  FA136747-D63F-49A8-B64B-EFCD4586513B.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  90.7 KB

And the new M4 with the M3:

Name:  Cars M3 M4CS_008.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  101.4 KB

Gyro,

It is the same red as the e92 sedan: Melbourne Red Metallic. They introduced it for the M4CS just recently. It looks great, I really like it with the carbon fiber accents. Bummer that I could not get it with a manual, ask me in a year if I regret/miss the old car.

Would you believe the are more red CSs languishing unsold at dealers? Hence why you get get ridiculous discounts on the CS right now. I have to wonder if they will do the same value spike after 25 years that the e36 M3 LTW has done. Only time will tell.

I put the e92 on CarGurus for sale and had it sold in 24 hours. I guess I should have asked more $$$. I searched for sedan prices nationwide, and went middle of the price bracket. It did not have a lot of options, but it was in excellent condition. I guess I underestimated the demand.

I’m sorry to see it go, but life goes on.

Now I’m on a work trip, but the paint film appointment is in a week, and I bring the car home a week after that.

Waiting is.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Yup on the personal.

My Goldilocks is the E36. Power brakes that are good. (E46 ABS is better, but I haven't gotten into what's required to make it work without a BMW ECU.) Power steering that is the best. Very little bump steer, and what's there is correctable.

More jinba ittai, less pig wrestling.
    One woman’s jinba ittai is another person’s pig wrestling. Some of us like spirit and will in our horses.

User Tag List