Page 140 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1896

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

The perfect plate?

Name:  9FD90A10-92AA-4992-8E84-4AC26C39EC99.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  33.8 KB

kid's car is gonna have crabs.
    specifically Febest CRAB-007 bushings.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

rear end of the car is dropped out of the car.
    only thing left is to pull the struts (4 bolts) and the 2 inner liners.
    after that we blow the rear cross member apart and start doing the refurbishment.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    updating Autel MS906 Pro, hoping they've finally fixed the missing fan control relay problem.
    planning on hitting up mom's tomorrow, and finally figuring out WTF is causing her A/C to not function.
    tool keeps telling me the pressure sender is giving out wonky data, but I can't find the damn sensor.
    there's high side and low side switches, but the computer says there's a pressure sensor that reports actual values, but I can't find it in any of the service manuals I have, online, or in any drawings.
    it should be a 3-wire sensor connected someplace on the high side.
    I missed it. What problems with the 906?

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I missed it. What problems with the 906?
    PT Cruiser has 2 relay fans. high speed and low speed. one gets used predominantly by the cooling system. other gets used predominantly by the A/C when it turns on.
    906 used to have controls for both. now, it only shows the low speed fan.
    3 updates since that happened, and it's still missing.
    got 2 service requests in to Autel about it, including a phone call to their tech support. still not solved.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    kid's car is gonna have crabs.
    specifically Febest CRAB-007 bushings.
    MI6 special agent CRAB no less!

Today I'm pulling apart the rest of the turbo setup on my uncle's ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo (Yes, a factory AWD Turbo 5MT Celica... Toyota used to be cool!) so I can send the turbo off for a rebuild & upgrade. Then lots of fluid changes, some shakedown work to ensure it runs & drives well, then likely helping him sell the car.

I'd love to keep it for myself but I have too many cars already.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Today I'm pulling apart the rest of the turbo setup on my uncle's ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo (Yes, a factory AWD Turbo 5MT Celica... Toyota used to be cool!) so I can send the turbo off for a rebuild & upgrade. Then lots of fluid changes, some shakedown work to ensure it runs & drives well, then likely helping him sell the car.

There was a time when I would have loved to own one, but they've reached a weird quasi-collectible status and I would no longer feel comfortable flogging one on forest service roads. But seeing one always remind me of playing Sega Rally.

That is an st205, but they were all great rally cars - especially when equipped with Toyota's brilliant cheating turbo:

Toyota engineered a way to allow air in to the turbo intake that completely bypassed the seals around the restrictor. when the car was moving and the turbo was engaged, the restrictor plate would be moved back a couple of inches completely nullifying the effect of the restrictor plate. Some of the best judges and techs had gone over the car to make sure cheating like this were not taking place. In fact, the engineering was so good that when the turbo was disassembled post-race for inspection, judges couldn’t find any evidence that extra air had passed through the turbo. Toyota had manufactured special springs and clips that would move the restrictor plate back from the air intake, but when the turbo was disengaged the springs would pop it back in to position making it appear that everything was as per the FIA rules.

Max Mosley, the president of the FIA at the time said this: “Inside it was beautifully made. The springs inside the hose had been polished and machined so not to impede the air which passed through. To force the springs open without the special tool would require substantial force. It is the most sophisticated and ingenious device either I or the FIA’s technical experts have seen for a long-time. It was so well made that there was no gap apparent to suggest there was any means of opening it.”
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 03-20-2023 at 03:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    There was a time when I would have loved to own one, but they've reached a weird quasi-collectible status and I would no longer feel comfortable flogging one on forest service roads. But seeing one always remind me of playing Sega Rally.

That is an st205, but they were all great rally cars - especially when equipped with Toyota's brilliant cheating turbo:

While that turbo never made it into the production cars, I'd still love to own an ST205. The 3S-GTE evolved a TON between the ST185 and ST205 body styles as I'm sure you well know, the gearbox too. About 15 years ago I told my uncle to buy an ST205 engine and transmission set while they were $2k shipped, as it'd make for an easy swap and upgrade. He regrets not doing that now!

But yeah, if by some miracle I hang onto this one, it's getting a set of rally-ish spec coilovers and some knobby tires

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

I'm not a toyota fan normally, but those all-tracs, I wouldn't kick 'em out of the stable.
    see, i'm not JUST a MOPAR nut.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List