Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1871

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Site Supporter

This is a confusingly boring trailer for a new Motor Trend show featuring my good friend Dan Brockett, former Formula D pro driver and now pro stunt driver, and another old acquaintance Shea Seefeldt, SCCA nationals competitive driver, former customer, and now performance shop owner. They both teamed up with some other dude I've met like twice and Motor Trend TV to bring about a more true to life, irreverent, and fun show about crappy project cars. Previously, Dan and Shea did a show called Hootpie World Championship which was a lot of fun, now they've got 6 episodes of this new series incoming called 'Runs Good'.

I got treated to the launch party on Tuesday night, and while it's a fun show premise I feel like Motor Trend was way too serious and reeled in all the fun banter and shenanigans that the show was supposed to be about. Too many build shows do the same old formula of shitbox - new parts - sponsor plugs - sup product placement - wow shiny car - nothing happens - wow nice car - see you next time, and this show was supposed to be a LOT better.
    I was around for the filming of some of this episode featuring this Mustang, and my shitbox old Turbo MR2 was on the alignment rack in the background for about 1 second at one point. Lol. I was supposed to get a ranting cameo but my ugly dumbass didn't make the cut, apparently

If you happen to have Motor Trend's streaming service, giving the full episode a watch would be appreciated. I'd love to see those old codgers in these car-show-producer-ruts get into having fun with crappy builds and getting back to the roots that made car projects fun, instead of it being and endless dirge of 30 minute commercials with hosts that never actually turn wrenches.
    Last edited by JRB; 08-04-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

This is a confusingly boring trailer for a new Motor Trend show featuring my good friend Dan Brockett, former Formula D pro driver and now pro stunt driver, and another old acquaintance Shea Seefeldt, SCCA nationals competitive driver, former customer, and now performance shop owner. They both teamed up with some other dude I've met like twice and Motor Trend TV to bring about a more true to life, irreverent, and fun show about crappy project cars. Previously, Dan and Shea did a show called Hootpie World Championship which was a lot of fun, now they've got 6 episodes of this new series incoming called 'Runs Good'.

I got treated to the launch party on Tuesday night, and while it's a fun show premise I feel like Motor Trend was way too serious and reeled in all the fun banter and shenanigans that the show was supposed to be about. Too many build shows do the same old formula of shitbox - new parts - sponsor plugs - sup product placement - wow shiny car - nothing happens - wow nice car - see you next time, and this show was supposed to be a LOT better.
    I was around for the filming of some of this episode featuring this Mustang, and my shitbox old Turbo MR2 was on the alignment rack in the background for about 1 second at one point. Lol. I was supposed to get a ranting cameo but my ugly dumbass didn't make the cut, apparently

If you happen to have Motor Trend's streaming service, giving the full episode a watch would be appreciated. I'd love to see those old codgers in these car-show-producer-ruts get into having fun with crappy builds and getting back to the roots that made car projects fun, instead of it being and endless dirge of 30 minute commercials with hosts that never actually turn wrenches.
    Which car did they have on the Hooptie World Championship? I enjoyed that series, especially the premise of you pick one car and it has to do all these different kinds of racing.

I don't currently have the app but I'll pick it up again at some point to catch up on Dirt Every Day, Ultimate Adventure and Roadkill. I'll check this out too then.

As for Motortrend reeling in the fun and shenanigans, you can thank the Discovery channel takeover for that. Filled the app with all the stupid reality tv car shows and most of the original content rapidly started to decline in quality.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 08-05-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    Which car did they have on the Hooptie World Championship? I enjoyed that series, especially the premise of you pick a car and it has to do all these different kinds of racing.

I don't currently have the app but I'll pick it up again at some point to catch up on Dirt Every Day, Ultimate Adventure and Roadkill. I'll check this out too then.

As for Motortrend reeling in the fun and shenanigans, you can thank the Discovery channel takeover for that. Filled the app with all the stupid reality tv car shows and most of the original content rapidly started to decline in quality.
    They had the 350Z that had a hodgepodge roots supercharger setup on it. Dan still has that car here in ABQ and it's a hilariously fun shitbox.

As to the changes with Motor Trend - makes sense that there's less fun once the bean counters get a hold of it, but I'm also speaking towards the same old boring formulas for build shows these days. I love the idea of a build show that emphasizes making due with what you have, and having fun with friends actually building the car. Not the same old build shows with the same hosts with the same vocal inflections that never turn a wrench in those perfect garages, but talk up the $10k worth of parts getting installed from their 'Friends at Holley' or 'Friends at Jegs' or whatever, and we never see the car move at all.
    Last edited by JRB; 08-05-2022 at 12:15 PM.

That's why I like youtube builds from average Joe's.

found the oil leak on mom's PT Cruiser. confirmed what I already suspected. exhaust cam seal was leaking, so bad, that after sitting for 5 days I finally got everything off to get to them, cleaned the head and block of the Exxon Valdez level oil sludge buildup, and 5 minutes later can see the head is wet below the exhaust cam. fresh oil was STILL leaking out!
    new seals are in, engine is test run and not leaking, just need to reinstall all the shit I had to take off.
    this job sucks so much, it almost makes me want to quit working on cars. well, not really, but smashing my balls with a hammer might be more pleasant.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

My dad had the same model and year back in the ‘60s but in “baby blue”.

1959 MGA

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

car reassembled.
    test drive completed.
    need to replace accessory belts. either I contaminated them, or they're on "backwards", either way they're howling like someone's kicking a dog.
    cruise control quit working. had problems with it before. last time it broke the fitting off the solenoid. JB weld fixed that. this time I'm thinking either it's totally quit, or the electrical connector isn't connecting right. canister is holding vacuum, electrical on the dash is responding. don't have a DRB III to test actual function of the switch, but I doubt it just randomly quit now. focusing on the things I touched.
    i'll replace the belts tonight, drive it some more tomorrow, then friday it has an appointment to get the A/C recharged.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

got replacement belts. hot tip: count your ribs BEFORE you get replacements. 5 rib won't work where 4 rib is wanted. *sigh*

AAP opened at 7:30am. I was there at 7:35... gotta give 'em a couple minutes.
    took old belt to compare. new one is at least right # of ribs and apparently the right length.
    install will take all of 5 minutes, than another 10-15 to button it back up.

Well, this fucker explains why there are fewer ‘71s out there than there even should be.

https://1971mustangs.com/

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List