Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Price check:

Replace rear main seal, o-ring, and re-seal housing, on a FWD 2016 Honda Pilot?

Dealer is quoting $2,200.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Name:  IMG_2138.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  42.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Price check:

Not bad. You can find an a shop who will do it cheaper. But the timetable they have might night make it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Just don’t Pro Charge it.

As for Toyota, we have a Highlander and a few Chevys. Comparing the build quality is laughable. A can see where a real Supra would have some appeal to Corvette owner that’s tired of fixing and replacing stuff.
    That is correct for 500 points! I'll never forget having to explain bearing speed specs and belt speed calculations to a guy a ProCharger that was allegedly their 'senior engineer' after repeated failures with one of their Corvette kits.

ECS Novi 1500 or A&A flip kit Vortech, like I've already told @Doc_Glock while he was in the honeymoon time with that awesome catch of a C6 he found!

Also, yes, to those same conversations I regularly have a self-talk that involves something along the lines of:
    (dude... just sell all this 90's Japanese mess, get a C6 Z06 and put a friggin ECS Novi and Kook's longtubes on it already... and dump the rest into some training, new Lipseys exclusive J frames, a few really stupid guns you don't need, and the rest into your son's 529 already)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Price check:

That's about normal for a stealership. It would be about 1/3 to 1/2 that at an independent here...

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Also, yes, to those same conversations I regularly have a self-talk that involves something along the lines of:
    (dude... just sell all this 90's Japanese mess, get a C6 Z06 and put a friggin ECS Novi and Kook's longtubes on it already... and dump the rest into some training, new Lipseys exclusive J frames, a few really stupid guns you don't need, and the rest into your son's 529 already)
    Name:  feel pain.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  66.0 KB

I went through this a couple of years ago with the gaggle of milsurps and "it's stupid but I got a good deal" stuff I've picked up since the early-aughts. I turned them into a small handful of Glocks, some quality revolvers, ammo and reloading stuff. I may not be a better shooter yet, but it's made me a happier shooter and I don't have to worry about sourcing oddball ammo or long out of production spare parts.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

How about some hill climb action?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    like I've already told @Doc_Glock while he was in the honeymoon time with that awesome catch of a C6 he found!
    The honeymoon never ended! 111k miles, MGW shifter, Koni Sport shocks, very careful alignment, good tires, full fluid and filter changes and send it. This car has been amazing given how hard I have driven it. Kudos to Michelin for treadware warranty replacing my fronts for $100 after 6,000 miles.

Maybe would add a little more rear sway bar to balance it out but the Z51 package is pretty dialed.

More power is not needed for my usage for sure. I already drop 991 Carrera S and even the base C8 as speeds climb.

Targa creaks some as does the dash, but for a toy, it’s pretty hard to beat the fun per dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The honeymoon never ended! 111k miles, MGW shifter, Koni Sport shocks, very careful alignment, good tires, full fluid and filter changes and send it. This car has been amazing given how hard I have driven it. Kudos to Michelin for treadware warranty replacing my fronts for $100 after 6,000 miles.
    I regret not doing the MGW shifter on my C6 Grand Sport... but I have a feeling this will be on the chopping block soon.

Site Supporter
    I did it. Bought my first new car, a '23 Charger Super Bee. No pics but if you're curious, mine is exactly the same as the other 499 narrow body versions - they're spec'd identical right down to the B5 Blue color. I swapped out the set of drag radials that came with it to a set of all-seasons on stock wheels....I see why it had the drag radials on it - if I romp down at 80 on interstate it'll start to go sideways! Lots of fun, I liked the Challenger more but my concession to the family was 4 doors and I still like what we got. A lot. I'm getting 21 mpg with about 2000 miles on it now.

User Tag List