Page 35 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I figured the best place to put these vids is here:

That 44 Jag in the background brings back memories. I had a book of car art as a kid and that was on the cover. The book was something like 24" wide and about 12" tall, full of race cars and European exotics (it was probably printed in the UK). Like an idiot I tossed it or otherwise lost track of it when I thought I was all growns up but I sure would like to find it or replace it someday.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

The Rolls-Royce Kestrel-derived diesel engine built by Harry Ricardo. The side cover is removed to reveal the gearset that drove the sleeve valves. Note the fuel injectors positioned atop the cylinder bank

Geared valve sleeves...

Eyston-Eldridge Speed of the Wind / Flying Spray
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Passing along for situational awareness.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...of-collapsing/

“The Harbor Freight jack stands that we've all bought, borrowed or seen in our friends' garages are being recalled due to a risk of collapsing under load. Go check yours immediately.

In a recall filed with the NHTSA on March 20 of this year, Harbor Freight explains that certain 6-ton jack stands have the potential to disengage their support pawl under shifting weight, causing the stand to drop suddenly. A second recall, filed May 3, extends the recall to 3-ton jack stands. The defect is attributed to aging tooling at the factory that produced the jack standS.”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Passing along for situational awareness.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...of-collapsing/

“The Harbor Freight jack stands that we've all bought, borrowed or seen in our friends' garages are being recalled due to a risk of collapsing under load. Go check yours immediately.

In a recall filed with the NHTSA on March 20 of this year, Harbor Freight explains that certain 6-ton jack stands have the potential to disengage their support pawl under shifting weight, causing the stand to drop suddenly. A second recall, filed May 3, extends the recall to 3-ton jack stands. The defect is attributed to aging tooling at the factory that produced the jack standS.”
    As a rule I do not shop, nor use or house ANYTHING from Harbor Freight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    For the 911 times? Yep that was for a PDK. MT is definitely slower, for any timed acceleration runs, there's no denying that. There's a good chance a PDK equipped Cayman GT4 would be quicker. But heck, an automatic transmission on a real sports car? That's like kissing your sister. *ducks and runs*
    And guess what’s in the queue?

Probably PDK, though...

https://www.evo.co.uk/spy-shots/2017...8-gt4-rs-spied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It begins!

Name:  0E810458-75BF-42F3-B980-6F5EDE900C65.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  22.1 KB

Name:  781F3248-E636-4D4C-AA39-A3D8B173B57F.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  47.3 KB

Anybody try any of these LED shop lights like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Hykolity-Link...227954&sr=8-12

Garage is 21’x7.5’ with a 9’ ceiling. I’m basically trying to figure out if they cast enough light when hung at 7.5’ish feet above the floor and ~5 feet apart. I’ll have a drop light for closer work, but I want enough ambient light to work.

Hammertime
    This will make your blood pump.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Anybody try any of these LED shop lights like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Hykolity-Link...227954&sr=8-12

Garage is 21’x7.5’ with a 9’ ceiling. I’m basically trying to figure out if they cast enough light when hung at 7.5’ish feet above the floor and ~5 feet apart. I’ll have a drop light for closer work, but I want enough ambient light to work.
    Dunno if you need hanging fixtures or not (my shop ceiling is 18ft up and my LEDs are surface mounted) but LED shop lights are a common theme in the YouTube woodworking world. The two I hear about the most are whatever Costco sells and these
    (Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded electric with built-in ON/OFF switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BVM..._Cfm2Eb6FQKZBS

Which, in the case of the latter, may well be because they are sponsored in some way, being YouTube and all.

I had my 16, two-bulb, old fluorescent fixtures and bulbs changed out to new, two-bulb, led fixtures by an electrician due to the ceiling height and time available for such things, but if you’re in a space that doesn’t already have that volume of fixtures, getting something that’s able to be daisy-chained together is key.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Dunno if you need hanging fixtures or not (my shop ceiling is 18ft up and my LEDs are surface mounted) but LED shop lights are a common theme in the YouTube woodworking world. The two I hear about the most are whatever Costco sells and these
    (Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded electric with built-in ON/OFF switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BVM..._Cfm2Eb6FQKZBS

Which, in the case of the latter, may well be because they are sponsored in some way, being YouTube and all.

I had my 16, two-bulb, old fluorescent fixtures and bulbs changed out to new, two-bulb, led fixtures by an electrician due to the ceiling height and time available for such things, but if you’re in a space that doesn’t already have that volume of fixtures, getting something that’s able to be daisy-chained together is key.
    I definitely need hanging fixtures, ceiling is exposed rafters.

Do you find the two-bulb LEDs are as bright as your old fluorescent bulbs were?

User Tag List