Page 179 of 191 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

top leaks on the silver bullet.
    whoever installed the replacement top, did it wrong. I was hoping to not have to fix it, but this storm has proven that that was a pipe dream.
    it looks like they just didn't lay the overlapping parts correctly in the corners, so hopefully it's just a matter of pulling the rear bows out, un-stapling a couple inches on each side of the rear window, laying stuff flat properly, and stapling it back down.
    however...
    Every 5 minute job is a broken bolt away from becoming a 3 hour job.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

changing the passenger engine mount requires draining the cooling and power steering systems, and removing the related tanks for each, to gain enough space and clearance to fish the mount out.
    I now have a small coolant leak, which i located. I know some people *HATE* spring clamps with a passion, but there's a reason for them. especially with the plastic fittings used these days, worm clamps not only can create too much squish on a hose, they can also cut said hose, and since they can't move with the expansion/contraction of the plastic fitting, you can crack the fitting. someone prior to me replaced a spring clamp with a worm clamp, and now that exact situation has developed, after having to remove and reinstall the worm clamp and hose. hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the parts car I go.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Site Supporter
    Having never bought a new car before, I'd appreciate some non-financial reasons why I shouldn't buy a 2023 Last Call Dodge Charger Scat Pack Super Bee. I have the money and I don't care about the depreciation. Talk to me about the *car*, anyone with experience. General experience with the platform is welcome, I'm not married to the idea. It's main purpose would be vacations and family trips. I have vehicles for commuting and weather. Thanks!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Having never bought a new car before, I'd appreciate some non-financial reasons why I shouldn't buy a 2023 Last Call Dodge Charger Scat Pack Super Bee. I have the money and I don't care about the depreciation. Talk to me about the *car*, anyone with experience. General experience with the platform is welcome, I'm not married to the idea. It's main purpose would be vacations and family trips. I have vehicles for commuting and weather. Thanks!
    I really like the Charger. I've been issued two now, obviously not Scat Packs, and they've been great. One of my detectives had a Scat Pack Charger and went to a Challenger a few years ago, he loves it. I think he was in a C6 Camaro before that, but maybe a C7. Pretty sure C6.

Downsides? They are theft targets for sure, and get stolen reasonably often. Not Kia often, but often. Insurance costs likely reflect that, even comparing to other performance cars. Otherwise, nothing I can think of.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    If you've got the itch and the means to do it, the only reason not to buy a Charger is because you're buying a Challenger. Or if you're buying a Corvette or Mustang GT or something else like that.
    But nothing else in that category does the 4-doors and bigass proper 'Merica V8 thing like a Charger, so buy the Charger!

Yes, there's a lot of things out there that get better mpg and are lower key and less likely to be stolen, or less likely to get revved at when at a stoplight. But clearly this isn't the thread for such pragmatism.

@Welder, was in a similar place back in the mid 00s myself. IF you're buying a "toy", and assuming there's no glaring reason NOT to (like it'll blow up after the first hard track day like a subaru ), buy whatever scratches your itch and rock a big ass smile. Other than some of it being Mercedes parts been dumpster diving it's been a long running chassis so (nearly) all the bugs have been kicked out of it. Off the top of my head the only MAJOR fault was the MDS system on some engines that would chew up cams randomly. Not sure if the Scat Pack's power plant gets that "feature" though. Overall they're good cars, pretty cheap to maintain, and there's a shitload running around still.

I still have my itch scratcher, and it too is a fair weather friend (I can count on 1 hand the number of "rain" events it's seen in its life, and it's NEVER seen snow/salt!)

Name:  do it.jpeg
Views: 142
Size:  18.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Retired Army officer friend of mine has a Challenger Scat Pack. Big grins for him (and me if I get invited for a ride). Lots of rolled eyes from his wife when he burns money with it.

Site Supporter
    I’d just buy it and drove it not like I stole it but to have fun with it. They are a fun car.

User Tag List