Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1900

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

total dream car.

can't believe it's $110k, not sure I'd opt for this as my only $110k car, but if I had ten of them...

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Such prescience...

Quote Originally Posted by Car & Driver, February 1997
    There are signs that the SUV market is finally nearing saturation

Name:  IMG_2286.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  65.8 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2286.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  65.8 KB
    And that's the easy half of the car. There's nothing like the contortions needed to do things under the steering wheel, like replacing the brake lamp switch bumper.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And that's the easy half of the car. There's nothing like the contortions needed to do things under the steering wheel, like replacing the brake lamp switch bumper.
    Trying to get Dakota Digital electronic gauges retrofit inside a classic Pontiac dash

Name:  PXL_20240313_065003104.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  67.7 KB

The end result was badass, but I never want to do it again

The last time I had to do similar I got started in my upside down dive, but stopped, said effe it, and removed the seat. Aaaahhhh, that is much better.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Growing up we had a duster with the slant 6 in the family till the late 90s. If it didn’t have damage from some drunk jackass in a f250 who took it out beyond all repair. I’m pretty sure it would have still been around.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Growing up we had a duster with the slant 6 in the family till the late 90s. If it didn’t have damage from some drunk jackass in a f250 who took it out beyond all repair. I’m pretty sure it would have still been around.
    We had a Dodge Aspen as a field car. At one point we hit a tree and took the radiator out. After removing the radiator, we continued to drive / abuse it. When it over heated, we’d park t for a bit. After cool down, we’d drive it again. That slant 6 was truly bullet proof.

My best friend’s first car was a Dodge Dart with a slant 6 that he bought off a couple that had gotten lifetime driving bans for too many DUI. I swear it was under $1k. Maybe even $500.

This would have been around 1990 and the car was a 1960-something.

We replaced the piston rings twice before he sold it and bought a ‘77 Thunderbird that some gay dude labeled “the thunderchicken”.

No idea why an engine would need piston rings replaced like that but the whole thing made me assume the slant-6 was a POS, having not really come across another in the ensuing 35 years.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List