Page 45 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

I love restomods. Partly because I think they are cool, partly because it pisses off the purists.

That color seems popular lately

https://apple.news/AP-7smgHOQyKAmE1JPsSnEA
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Hammertime
    After a vigorous mountain road drive with the youngling. That stupid mini holds its own even with tiny rubber.

Name:  683AACAE-C8B3-46C8-BB59-ED71B2D6EE3D.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  96.6 KB

And somewhere along the way that kid learned to drive.

Holy F

Calling @OlongJohnson and @JRB

And others who appreciate the FRS/BRZ/86 chassis but understand how suck ass the FA20 is.

http://instagram.com/p/CHONIBqHCFi/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I still like the E36/E46 chassis better.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    It'll be cool to see a Kpower kit available! Papadakis already stuffed a Coyote 5.0L into one and I know of at least three LS V8 powered 86's running around the southwest.
    Not sure which I'd prefer, ultimately.

I narrowly avoided buying a set of HKS GT2530's for my 300ZX this weekend.
    Haven't decided if I regret passing them up just yet.

But I've got a 'date' with an old family friend about an old 4in S&W 66 he had 'kicking around' (his words) and the pic would indicate it's a 66-1 and P&R, so I might placate my sorrows with a classic wheelie.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Thinking about it a little more, a nice NA 2.0L K motor would actually deliver on what the vision for the car was supposed to be. ~250-ish (assuming slightly greater drivetrain losses than with the absurdly efficient Honda transaxles) at the wheels and solid torque with the light weight, simplicity and reliability of NA would be cool. Need the ABS to still work.

Fun fact is that the 2006 WRX non-STI calipers bolt on and are properly matched. They are compatible with 300ZX pads if you want race friction. It's one of those things I just don't get that that isn't a standard upgrade for the cars.

Mine would have a set of 17x8 Enkei RPF1s.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Holy F
    There's recently been some controversy on that. Apparently the GPS logging doesn't match up with the time it took to travel a known distance, and SSC has admitted that the data doesn't match up. Lots of people seem to think that the car is capable of 300+ MPH, but that it didn't actually do it that day.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Thinking about it a little more, a nice NA 2.0L K motor would actually deliver on what the vision for the car was supposed to be. ~250-ish (assuming slightly greater drivetrain losses than with the absurdly efficient Honda transaxles) at the wheels and solid torque with the light weight, simplicity and reliability of NA would be cool. Need the ABS to still work.

Fun fact is that the 2006 WRX non-STI calipers bolt on and are properly matched. They are compatible with 300ZX pads if you want race friction. It's one of those things I just don't get that that isn't a standard upgrade for the cars.

Mine would have a set of 17x8 Enkei RPF1s.
    ABS shouldn't be a problem with the Hondata.

Out of curiosity I went and looked at what janky '86s' are going for. 10-12k is what it takes to buy a janky, 7-year old one. Hard pass. I think I'll just go find a clean '92-93 4-cylinder Fox and shove a K in it

Edit: scratch that...jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick. Didn't realize Foxes had become that expensive.

Screw it, I'm going to just import a Santana Series IIA or Series III Land Rover and shove a K from a Honda Element in it, call it a day.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-18-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Site Supporter
    Why do American automakers conclude that motoring enthusiasts want a 470 hp Wrangler (wtf) or a 6300 lb Hellcat Ram for $70k, or a bigger engine in the Raptor, instead of something wonderful like this? (This has been a rhetorical lament.)

https://www.toyota-europe.com/world-...acing/gr-yaris

- Homologation rally car
    - Manual transmission
    - Around 2800 lbs
    - AWD system that can give front-bias, rear-bias, or 50-50 split
    - 1.6 turbo engine making ~ 260 hp
    - Not coming to North America

I mean, come on!

User Tag List