Page 115 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1892

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Site Supporter
    Name:  AD6A53C4-FA2F-45CC-877C-AA6A7451B313.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  32.8 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Put $800 worth of rubber on my Cobra the other day - Costco was having a sale on the Firehawk Indy 500s and while my heart wanted the Michelin Pilot 4s, my bank account and an honest appraisal of my actual needs dictated that I settle for my #2 option.

While cleaning the car and wheels this weekend I discovered that my drivers side rear tire said “inside” while all 3 other tires said “outside” and had a different tread pattern showing. So I spent today waiting an absurdly long time at Costco for them to correct the error.

I really expected more from Costco…….

This is not to mention that I had to replace a lug that they claimed was stripped when they took the old tires off the car.

Hammertime
    I just test drove a bone stock 2008 C6 Vette 6 speed. 100k miles.

Dammit that is a great car! So balanced.

Is it worth the 21k the owner wants for it? Hard to say. Pretty much stock, not abused and well cared for.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

Is it worth the 21k the owner wants for it? Hard to say. Pretty much stock, not abused and well cared for.
    Yes, it probably is.

I should stop reading this thread. It’s making me want things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Put $800 worth of rubber on my Cobra the other day - Costco was having a sale on the Firehawk Indy 500s and while my heart wanted the Michelin Pilot 4s, my bank account and an honest appraisal of my actual needs dictated that I settle for my #2 option.

While cleaning the car and wheels this weekend I discovered that my drivers side rear tire said “inside” while all 3 other tires said “outside” and had a different tread pattern showing. So I spent today waiting an absurdly long time at Costco for them to correct the error.

This is not to mention that I had to replace a lug that they claimed was stripped when they took the old tires off the car.
    Rule #1 - never bring a car you care about, especially wearing wheels you care about, to those slobbering special-education bridge trolls at Costco. It's seriously not worth the pittance of a price difference. They will destroy your wheels, they will strip your lugs, they will break your wheel studs, and they'll act like it's your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

$21k? '08's the first year of the LS3 so yes, you should buy it! Those engines absolutely wake up with some intake/exhaust work and a tune.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

$21k? '08's the first year of the LS3 so yes, you should buy it! Those engines absolutely wake up with some intake/exhaust work and a tune.
    [cough]supercharger[cough]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    A&A flip kit Vortech or an ECS Novi 1500 setup? ab-so-friggin-lutely!
    That snowballs fast though - clutch, injectors, fuel system stuff, longtube headers, cooling (UGH, tedious with C6's!) tuning, tires, etc.

Honestly a C6 Z51 with basic breathing mods and a matching tune is a pretty damn enjoyable car and you'll be able to drive it anywhere and get 26-29mpg on the highway. Hard to hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

My experience with Costco Tires is to expect that I am more likely to be able to eat an entire $10 pizza without heartburn than to get quality service from their tire idiots.

I've been a Costco member for more than a dozen years and I genuinely like Costco. But their tire department is their weakest link as a retailer.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Rule #1 - never bring a car you care about, especially wearing wheels you care about, to those slobbering special-education bridge trolls at Costco. It's seriously not worth the pittance of a price difference. They will destroy your wheels, they will strip your lugs, they will break your wheel studs, and they'll act like it's your fault.
    Well yeah. Any $$$ I saved buying my tires there was burned up getting the stud replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My experience with Costco Tires is to expect that I am more likely to be able to eat an entire $10 pizza without heartburn than to get quality service from their tire idiots.

I've been a Costco member for more than a dozen years and I genuinely like Costco. But their tire department is their weakest link as a retailer.
    I’m a fan as well which is why I just assumed……..

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Stock intake, stock exhaust, but my 2012 LS3 Corvette with a Pro Charger is a fury. Stock exhaust and appearance gives it an almost sleeper vide.

User Tag List