Page 66 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

If you think you've got the gearhead bug bad, maybe you do...but have you ever built an ice racing Vespa? Maybe you don't have it as bad as you think...

Name:  E74D2D9C-643F-4A6A-B839-88D1CBB96BAC.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  71.4 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Also, I'll be picking this up in a couple of weeks for commuting purposes...So, I'm not going to be picking up a Mini anytime soon.

Attachment 76181
    A guy I went to high school with was the accessory manager for Vespa a few years ago. Almost had me talked into buying an RXV550 instead of my TE610. I should check in with him and see what he's up to now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Anybody here going to Corvettes at Carlisle? I know one guy who is.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Anybody here going to Corvettes at Carlisle? I know one guy who is.
    I’m already here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Also, I'll be picking this up in a couple of weeks for commuting purposes...So, I'm not going to be picking up a Mini anytime soon.

Attachment 76181
    Scooters kick ass. I don’t own one now, but I’m certainly not opposed. One of the most enthusiastic riders I know, who was also a pilot in the navy always keeps a scooter in the bike quiver and ides the hell out of it. I tend to prefer the long travel of a dual sport for city riding myself, but they’re certainly attractive to thieves.

Might I recommend sticking with a full face helmet despite it being a scooter. I had a friend who got to make significant contributions to both his friendly local plastic surgeon’s and reconstructive dentist’s bank accounts due to a car making a left hand turn in front of him from the right lane. And this was in inner city traffic at all of like 18 miles per hour.

Plus, it’s the Pacific Northwest and open faced helmets and rain suck.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-25-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Scooters kick ass. I don’t own one now, but I’m certainly not opposed. One of the most enthusiastic riders I know, who was also a pilot in the navy always keeps a scooter in the bike quiver and ides the hell out of it. I tend to prefer the long travel of a dual sport for city riding myself, but they’re certainly attractive to thieves.

Might I recommend sticking with a full face helmet despite it being a scooter. I had a friend who got to make significant contributions to both his friendly local plastic surgeon’s and reconstructive dentist’s bank accounts due to a car making a left hand turn in front of him from the right lane. And this was in inner city traffic at all of like 18 miles per hour.

Plus, it’s the Pacific Northwest and open faced helmets and rain suck.
    After getting my lunch ate crashing a stand up E-Scooter - yes. A full face helmet and a jacket with D30 armor in it and of course long pants, closed toed shoes, and gloves.

For anyone wondering - this is a Genuine Scooter Co. Stella 150 four-stroke. Also known as an LML Star 150. It's the "Ishapore Enfield" of Vespas. Made initially under contract on Piaggo tooling for the Asian markets, now just made independently. No longer imported into the US they're still available in Europe. But realistically almost every part from a Vespa PX150 will fit this thing. Including motors if I should feel some 2-stroke inclinations.

Speaking of - apparently there are some crazy fuckers over in the UK. 60-horsepower 306cc small-frame Vespa crazy the kind of thing that is practically a unicycle because you can't keep the front wheel down.

Track Day Vespa? That's a whole thing over in Europe and Indonesia. You can change countries and languages, but you can't take the gear out of the gearhead's head.

--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A close friend of mine just had 'life happen' and he's selling his '08 Z06 for $40k. And damn if I'm not highly, highly tempted. C6Z's are just fantastic in stock form, as his currently is. Longtube headers and an A&A flip-kitted Vortech or an ECS Novi 1500 supercharger just make it all that much better, and that's what I'd do of course because I'm an idiot.

I'd have to sell basically all of my Japanese shitboxes to fund it, which is my only hesitation.
    I just learned that the friend I'm going to Corvettes at Carlisle with is wanting to sell me his '11 ZR1. Don't know the price. Black with 18k miles. I'm pretty sure I'm lacking about $40k of the $$$ that it'd take to buy it. But I'm sure going to enjoy the ride up and back, even if most of the time I'll be following him instead of in the car.

Site Supporter
    I just learned that the friend I'm going to Corvettes at Carlisle with is wanting to sell me his '11 ZR1. Don't know the price. Black with 18k miles. I'm pretty sure I'm lacking about $40k of the $$$ that it'd take to buy it. But I'm sure going to enjoy the ride up and back, even if most of the time I'll be following him instead of in the car.
    That sounds like a hell of a fun trip!

If I had to pick one Corvette, and I mean only one, it'd be a C6 ZR1. Your friend has excellent taste, aside from being foolish enough to consider selling it

Did you arrive yet? It was hot as hell today. Hoping for a bit cooler weather tomorrow.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did you arrive yet? It was hot as hell today. Hoping for a bit cooler weather tomorrow.
    PM sent, I should get there mid-morning.

User Tag List