Page 142 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1900

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Heres is my 2021 I bought new this past Dec. Production was behind and it went right from the Ford plant to Hennessey. Its pushing 1000hp.

Attachment 103004
    Beautiful!

I am super jelly!

I do have the Dyno sheet in a box somewhere with the million other things that came with the car. Trying not to lose anything just in case I gotta pop it up on Barrette Jackson one day . I must say the SWAG that comes with the GT500 is pretty cool! But here's a vid on the car package from H. They only have made about 20 of these for each year which is 20,21, and 22.

https://youtu.be/rIG-cuv6YN8
    Last edited by shane45; 03-27-2023 at 02:07 PM.

I usually think of Toyota as a big old company making some really great cars and trucks. I don't usually associate them w/ humor but I may need to change my perception.
    https://www.foxnews.com/auto/toyota-...ma-truck-tease

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I usually think of Toyota as a big old company making some really great cars and trucks. I don't usually associate them w/ humor but I may need to change my perception.
    https://www.foxnews.com/auto/toyota-...ma-truck-tease
    Toyota pre-release rumors are probably the least accurate of any pre-release market product of any kind. Just look back on all the rumors regarding looks and powertrain and everything else on the new Tundra. Or Supra, for that matter.
    Almost all of the rumor mill details and 'conceptual renderings' offered by the car related clickbait generators (Jalopnik, TheDrive, etc) were substantially if not completely wrong in the details and appearance of both. I expect the same to be true for any new Tacoma.

Until Toyota actually offers a public press release with specifics, it's all just BS.

You may be correct. But whether the pics are right or not, somebody decided to create that pic in front of the patent office. Somebody put that fuzzy, but slightly possibly the other truck that has been seen, across the street. Somebody put those 6 #s on the license plate. So, correct or not, I thought it was a fun writeup.

To any and all who have turned a wrench at one point in their life, you will understand the following:

FUCKING DORMAN!

*sigh* how fucking hard is it to take an OE part and MEASURE it correctly? The fucking mounting holes for these upper control arms are spaced wrong, by about half a bolt width.
    I can't send 'em back because I bought 'em almost a year ago, when they were supposed to go on the Stratus, but then it got wrecked before parts went on.
    So we're installing all the bits on the kid's car.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    ...FUCKING DORMAN!!!!....
    Can. Confirm.

Don't forget their deliriously optimistic parts cross-reference that loves to say things like a FWD specific control arm works on an AWD model.... when it doesn't....

Site Supporter
    Dorman can’t even make old school bumper bolts that don’t crack under stress. They are shit. And I swear to god if someone buys an exhaust manifold converter from them. They are dead to me.

Site Supporter
    I've used a few of their exhaust manifold converters, a couple for Civics and one for an Altima. They were pretty crappy looking, but a little die grinding got things to line up, and their prices were great. No complaints here....I don't spend much on cars with a couple / few hundred thousand miles.

I've also used their 5.4L 2V Ford intake manifolds a couple of times, on the same truck. Put the first one on in 2015 (the factory Ford had sprung a leak as they all did), never did get it to seal up correctly, and it leaked antifreeze into the valley from day one. Finally got tired of buying a few gallons of antifreeze every year to keep it topped off, and 50k miles later I replaced it again with another Dorman a couple months back. They even updated the dumb old PCV hose connection to a solid style which is much better. Also changed the size of the plenum....it's shorter now on the underside and you can feel the lack of low-end torque compared to the old one. The truck downshifts more to climb hills than it used to.

But it doesn't leak a drop. And there've never been any good options for mod motor factory replacement intake manifolds.

User Tag List