Page 189 of 191 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The honeymoon never ended! 111k miles, MGW shifter, Koni Sport shocks, very careful alignment, good tires, full fluid and filter changes and send it. This car has been amazing given how hard I have driven it. Kudos to Michelin for treadware warranty replacing my fronts for $100 after 6,000 miles.

Maybe would add a little more rear sway bar to balance it out but the Z51 package is pretty dialed.

More power is not needed for my usage for sure. I already drop 991 Carrera S and even the base C8 as speeds climb.

Targa creaks some as does the dash, but for a toy, it’s pretty hard to beat the fun per dollar.
    Glad to read that you're loving your C6 Corvette more than ever!

My honeymoon hasn't ended either, and I don't see how it could, but I've only had "Leap" my Corvette ERay (built on February 29th) for 3 weeks. Buying a Corvette has changed my life in a very positive way. Definitely "miles of smiles!"

Name:  PistolForum-1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  100.0 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Glad to read that you're loving your C6 Corvette more than ever!

My honeymoon hasn't ended either, and I don't see how it could, but I've only had "Leap" my Corvette ERay (built on February 29th) for 3 weeks. Buying a Corvette has changed my life in a very positive way. Definitely "miles of smiles!"

Name:  PistolForum-1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  100.0 KB
    Congrats the C8s look great in Gray.

Hammertime
    Got to drive friend’s well sorted 991 last night. It’s a great car, but it’s just a car.

I don’t think I want a Porsche as much as I just want to drive and compare every car on the planet.

The drive is a little the opposite of the Vette as it wants to understeer a little on the way out of a corner and oversteer a little on the way in. I didn’t push it to those limits but you can feel it starting to rotate on the way in and get light on the way out. It has more of this rotation effect than the mid engine cars I have driven and I think this is why people like them. Coming from so much front engine time it feels strange, and also kind off cool.

I think the Vette front end is actually better planted. The 991 is kind of wiggly. Hard to describe. Not terrible at all, just not as solid feeling. The front end limits are higher than the Vette though.

Brakes were amazing and it’s super stable under braking.

Personally I like the auto PDK as I can keep both hands on the wheel and concentrate on driving. Plus it makes it a pussycat around town.

Ok, riddle me this Batman. Wife’s car is a 2015 Altima, 4 cyl S trim. Over the last past couple of years it’s taken longer and longer for the a/c to cool off. The amount of airflow felt normal but it would actively blow hot air. It’s not low on refrigerant and the compressor seemingly cycles normally. We were planning on taking it in for an evaluation and probable service.

This morning I was doing some service and changed the cabin air filter. My wife called and said the car seemed to cool down much faster than it has in a long time. Could a clogged cabin air filter cause the a/c to cool off much slower than usual?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

That's weird. Wild ass guess? Maybe the blocked filter caused enough restriction that cool air started pushing past the heater blend door so you were getting partially heated A/C?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Ok, riddle me this Batman. Wife’s car is a 2015 Altima, 4 cyl S trim. Over the last past couple of years it’s taken longer and longer for the a/c to cool off. The amount of airflow felt normal but it would actively blow hot air. It’s not low on refrigerant and the compressor seemingly cycles normally. We were planning on taking it in for an evaluation and probable service.

This morning I was doing some service and changed the cabin air filter. My wife called and said the car seemed to cool down much faster than it has in a long time. Could a clogged cabin air filter cause the a/c to cool off much slower than usual?
    Yes it can. The clogged filter keeps the warm air from getting to your evaporator and getting cooled down.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Yes it can. The clogged filter keeps the warm air from getting to your evaporator and getting cooled down.
    Aha! In my mind the filter was after the evaporator so I wasn’t making the connection. Thinking about how my home a/c is set up, that makes sense.

Thanks!👍🏻
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

4x tires Vredestein Quadtrac XL 205/60R16 $555.20 (credit)
    mount/balance/install $180 (cash, at local shop)
    $200 cash back bonus on the new credit card.
    should be about $11.10 in additional cash back bonus.

overall, not too shabby for new shoes for the kid's horse.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I've recently come to associate Lamborghini with "Doesn't Actually Have Money". It seems that every single online fraudster, fake financial guru, in-hock-beyond-all-reason influencer, and rapper with absolutely zero financial sense has a couple.

Maybe I've watched too many yootoobs on fraudsters, fake financial gurus and rappers with absolutely zero financial sense.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2001-jaguar-xkr

and here I am wishing I could afford to buy and re-import this thing.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List