Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 389

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

  1. #201
    Self-Immolating RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    You can dial the understeer out of the car. I did.
    Just turn in sooner add in judicious use of trail braking. You'll figure it out...or crash. Whateves.

    I don't care about Cayennes or Macans, but after 500 miles in the rain/sleet/snow with 60-mph cross/head wind gusts in the FJ yesterday and having done the same thing in the Mazda2...I'll take the SUV any day of the week for that shit. It's brick shaped, but it's sure footed and heavy enough to not be turned quite like the little 2200 pound, 100hp, hatchback.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Freedman (circa 1953)

  2. #202
    Site Supporter hufnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ 07922
    Ever driven an 80s Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant wagon, on the stock 175/80R13 tires? Light weight, slab sided, skinny ass tires. Stiff breeze perpendicular to the direction of travel, and you'd be over a lane or two in a heartbeat or less. God I miss that thing. Had the A525 5spd Getrag manual transmission in it, with a 3.50 final drive. Sucker would bury the speedo (85) in 3rd gear, and keep pulling through the other two! Also could carry everything; and I do mean EVERYTHING.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Ever driven an 80s Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant wagon, on the stock 175/80R13 tires? Light weight, slab sided, skinny ass tires. Stiff breeze perpendicular to the direction of travel, and you'd be over a lane or two in a heartbeat or less. God I miss that thing. Had the A525 5spd Getrag manual transmission in it, with a 3.50 final drive. Sucker would bury the speedo (85) in 3rd gear, and keep pulling through the other two! Also could carry everything; and I do mean EVERYTHING.
    Drove many a Dodge Diplomat back in the day. The way it floated down the road, you'd get seasickness before car sickness. :O

  4. #204

  5. #205
    Depressed DINK TGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    KPK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Drove many a Dodge Diplomat back in the day. The way it floated down the road, you'd get seasickness before car sickness. :O
    The maneuvers an agent could pull for protective motorcade operations with those was pretty sick though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

  6. #206
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Meh. Show car built for a car show. Believing it means anything about future product is wishful thinking.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  7. #207
    Self-Immolating RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If they do an actual updated S2K it would be awesome. K20C1 out of the Type R, 6-speed stick, fastback roof line, out Supra the new Supra.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Drove many a Dodge Diplomat back in the day. The way it floated down the road, you'd get seasickness before car sickness. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The maneuvers an agent could pull for protective motorcade operations with those was pretty sick though.
    My Dippy was great to drive on the freeway. So smooth...the only thing you had to be careful of was when running on the strip, you could get good weight distribution, but it would float. I opted for a set of Doetsch custom valved street/strip shocks and would crank them up to the stiffest setting and then foot-brake launch.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Freedman (circa 1953)

  8. #208
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If they do an actual updated S2K it would be awesome. K20C1 out of the Type R, 6-speed stick, fastback roof line, out Supra the new Supra.
    Both the NSX and the S2K were kinda weird. They lacked the simple elegance and resilient effectiveness of double-A-arm Civics and Integras and the K series.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  9. #209
    Self-Immolating RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Both the NSX and the S2K were kinda weird. They lacked the simple elegance and resilient effectiveness of double-A-arm Civics and Integras and the K series.
    Right?

    That's why I think they should do a new S2K but not get crazy about it. They could partner with Mazda to build the chassis (like Fiat did), which should just be a slightly longer and wider MX-5 chassis with a fixed roof. And the K20C1, without any fuckery, just dump it with all 306 horsepower out of the Type R into the new S2K and curb weight it ~2500 pounds.

    Watch it become the hottest thing since the the MK IV Supra and lap faster than just about anything out there. Will make the weak ass BRZ/FRS look like the garbage it really is.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Freedman (circa 1953)

  10. #210
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It always bugged me that the FR-S engine got its ass handed to it by the competitor's engine from 13 years earlier.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •