Page 111 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1900

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Nice car. She likes it. We are completing the paperwork tomorrow.

I will continue to drive the old Durango.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    When the CX-5 came out, a guy I know who's an engineer at Mazda said they internally considered it the best handling vehicle they made at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I’ve heard it handles better than the Mazda3, despite being taller and heavier, because of different rear suspension setups.

The current CX-5 Turbo is pretty compelling.
    This is a very nice car. Wife is very happy with it, but not with having a car payment.

I shut down the finance person’s attempts to sell an extended warranty or any other back door add-ons. She got huffy and tried to convince us, my wife especially, that it was foolish to go without and we don’t know what we don’t know about modern cars and electronics and repairs.

I know it’s her job to sell that stuff, but geez. We were tempted to walk out of the finance office and tell the salesman and manager, “sorry, she just convinced us we shouldn’t buy a car this new” and leave.

This is a very nice car. Wife is very happy with it, but not with having a car payment.

I shut down the finance person’s attempts to sell an extended warranty or any other back door add-ons. She got huffy and tried to convince us, my wife especially, that it was foolish to go without and we don’t know what we don’t know about modern cars and electronics and repairs.

I know it’s her job to sell that stuff, but geez. We were tempted to walk out of the finance office and tell the salesman and manager, “sorry, she just convinced us we shouldn’t buy a car this new” and leave.
    I have left for that exact reason and when asked said “according to that guy and all the insurance and warranty he’s trying to sell me, this car is a real piece of Shit!”
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I’ve heard it handles better than the Mazda3, despite being taller and heavier, because of different rear suspension setups.

The current CX-5 Turbo is pretty compelling.
    Generally correct. For 2019(or was it 20?) The 3 went to an econo car torsion beam rear end. 2018 was independent rear.

The CX5 has been full IRS the whole time. We have a 2019 CX5 Grand Touring Reserve. AWD + Turbo. It's a totally different animal from the first gen CX5. It sits lower and has a much firmer ride. It's a great handling car. We love driving it.

The GT Reserve adds nice things like cooled leather seats which rock down in the humid south.

Yeah, they're the worst.

Thankfully when I bought my Cayman, the dude was surprisingly straight-forward and not scummy like the finance desk people at other dealerships I've been to; honestly, it was the one part of buying the car that I wasn't looking forward to. When I declined the service plan, he pointed out how expensive Porsches are to maintain...and I pointed out that there's not a chance in hell I'd ever bring the car to a Porsche dealership for something that isn't a warranty item for exactly that reason and will be using the network of excellent independent Porsche shops in the area. He smirked, said, "Fair enough!" and moved on without any further fuss.

It'd certainly be interesting to be a fly-on-the-wall for the "conversation" that ensues between sales and finance when finance drives away a customer with how bitchy/slimy they are to customers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It'd certainly be interesting to be a fly-on-the-wall for the "conversation" that ensues between sales and finance when finance drives away a customer with how bitchy/slimy they are to customers.
    One exchange, the finance guy was a real prick to my girlfriend at the time. Hilarity ensued. Sales moron chased us all the way to the car begging us to come back after I lost my mind on the finance guy.

Sadly, not the only time I’ve heard someone say “should we call the police” under their breath, re: me, to a coworker at a dealership..
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    One exchange, the finance guy was a real prick to my girlfriend at the time. Hilarity ensued. Sales moron chased us all the way to the car begging us to come back after I lost my mind on the finance guy.

Sadly, not the only time I’ve heard someone say “should we call the police” under their breath, re: me, to a coworker at a dealership..
    Did the manager call back the next day with a drop in price or other comps?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Moved the 300ZX TT out of the way to do some organization and cleanup. Celica All-Trac is a '90 that needs a rebuilt turbo and other sat-around-too-long stuff. 3000GT is getting a timing belt (fun job in those cars) and the Challenger is ready for an MSD 6AL ignition box and a few other things so it can keep making gorgeous big block six pack carb'd V8 noises, and otherwise be terrifyingly bad at anything except burnouts and getting about 8mpg, but it's a LOT of fun The Challenger is my Dad's; he likes to sit in the chair I have set up in the foreground and help me work on these things by drinking beer and BSing with me. It's a good time.

As I took this pic I realized that once I put the Z back in here, I'll have the three most difficult to work on 90's Japanese cars under one roof. Celica ST185 (factory AWD turbo, rare car!) A 3000GT, and a Z32 300ZX. Lol. I need to get back to doing a Supra build of some kind. That's a 2JZGTE on the engine stand, and you can see a few of the other various manifolds and turbos and other Supra parts I have lying around too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    As I took this pic I realized that once I put the Z back in here, I'll have the three most difficult to work on 90's Japanese cars under one roof. Celica ST185 (factory AWD turbo, rare car!) A 3000GT, and a Z32 300ZX.
    LOL! I haven't seen a Celica Alltrac in ages - I lusted after them when Sega Rally came out. Speaking of jdm masochism, have you ever worked on a supercharged alltrac Previa? As if minivans weren't already a pain to work on, let's make one mid-engined, supercharged, and all wheel drive!

Name:  76839848.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  51.0 KBName:  76839980.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  49.6 KBName:  76841053.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  68.7 KBName:  76840436.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  49.5 KB
    Name:  Previa+Chassis+-+800x450.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  22.8 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The Challenger is my Dad's; he likes to sit in the chair I have set up in the foreground and help me work on these things by drinking beer and BSing with me. It's a good time.
    That is such a beautiful picture! Cars, tools, and a father enjoying the fruits of his labor!

As I go about finding the “perfect” home to buy a 3 car garage is a minimum requirement. After reading this post I really think 4 car should be the minimum. Cause when the boys get older - I’m really thinking a GT40 kit car is the perfect antidote to me doing something stupid like buying an airplane.

My friend drug me on a trip to Macon, Missouri to retrieve this:

Name:  296099648_10159679969690219_4429714418526403091_n.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  54.2 KB

A 1975 Ford Maverick. It's not mint but it's in stupidly good condition for a 50 year old budget car. After about 12 hours of driving we got it back to Colorado last night. Runs great but the 170cid I6 engine leaves a little to be desired. It lacks AC, power brakes, power steering, a radio, and a cigarette lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List