Page 160 of 191 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Site Supporter
    Just as an aside. I sell and can sell ims bearings for Porsche. But they are a non returnable part. Because people don’t do shit right. It’s why I don’t sell them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Ohhh. Well then. I misunderstood. and your on the right path I think. Honestly a 928 for a grand. I would rather play with that. So much choices. I miss being not married.
    I'm married, very happily....

The 928 needs paint and a complete interior, and it's an 82 with 3-spd automatic, so not a very desirable one. BUT I think in running condition it'll fetch $3k, and the particular version of the engine I've got has L-Jetronic fuel injection which is the simplest system that the 928's were offered with...the main problems are just rotting fuel lines and vacuum hoses. The 3-speed is often said to be the better transmission for them, better than the later 4-spd auto and better than the 5-spd manuals with their weird patterns and weak gears....but try convincing anybody, including me, that they'd most want a 3-speed automatic.

The engine itself on that car is aluminum block and heads, and Porsche actually used pistons with cast-iron-type coating on them to go with the treated bores (it's not a sleeved block). The engines were very durable, and didn't have the issues that these boxers do. Trivia fact, the 928 V8 was also the first completely-designed-in-house Porsche engine. It's a 90 degree V8, super wide to the point of reminding me of a Ford mod motor.

Hammertime
    I got to follow a 987 Cayman I think Cayman S on a mountain road recently in the Vette. They have a nice ass.

I think the 987 is my favorite of the Caymans actually.

Name:  IMG_6677.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  38.7 KB

speaking of porsche asses...

these, are just NOT pretty to look at in person. the proportions are just all wrong.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Name:  IMG_20230728_172641014_HDR.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20230728_172623933.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  32.0 KB

I mean, what the fuck.

came up to a stop light, went to push the clutch in, went to the floor.
    thought the bushing had broke... again.
    nope. limped it home (hot tip: tossing the t-case into 4LO and you can crank the car while in gear), discovered the clutch master was sitting in the wrong spot in the engine bay. tore everything apart, and found the snap ring missing. it wound up falling behind the carpeting.
    hoping the parts store has snap rings of the right size. otherwise, we're breaking out the welder and i'm welding that bitch together!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    speaking of porsche asses...

these, are just NOT pretty to look at in person. the proportions are just all wrong.
    She's sweat, wet,
    Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette Porsche(!?)

The 911 rear end is pretty ugly. Too much ass hanging out.

The Cayman, though...damn. the rear 3/4 is my favorite view of the car.
    Name:  IMG_20210821_164502000.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  55.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

snap ring replaced.
    jeep back together.
    FSM is a liar... says there's a "clutch interlock override relay" in the PDC. no such item exists. then dug deeper into the same FSM and found the appropriate wiring diagram: no relay between the clutch interlock and the PCM.

Site Supporter
    snap ring replaced.
    jeep back together.
    FSM is a liar... says there's a "clutch interlock override relay" in the PDC. no such item exists. then dug deeper into the same FSM and found the appropriate wiring diagram: no relay between the clutch interlock and the PCM.
    (leans in, whispers)
    dude.... it's a Jeep... you expect accurate service manuals?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    (leans in, whispers)
    dude.... it's a Jeep... you expect accurate service manuals?
    honestly, all my chrysler FSMs have been more accurate than that. Then again the FSM I have is for an 06, and have an 07, which is a little different in that it was the one and only year the KJ's came with drive-by-wire throttle for the gassers.

User Tag List