Page 166 of 190 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1900

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

if money is involved, I'd want PDK/dual clutch nuclear launch control, obviously to win.
    otherwise, gimme a stick any day for driving experience. being the fastest isn't always the bestest.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A question for the Jeep people. Does anyone know what’s up with putting little rubber ducks across the dashboard? Around here it’s not uncommon to see them with anywhere from a few in the center to enough to stretch the length of the windshield.
    https://apple.news/AexREil0MSOu_hn_qkvAjdQ
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    if money is involved, I'd want PDK/dual clutch nuclear launch control, obviously to win.
    otherwise, gimme a stick any day for driving experience. being the fastest isn't always the bestest.
    This has to be the biggest conundrum of any gear head. Post 2013 (at least in the Corvette world) the auto is the quicker option. Probably earlier in German made options.

Most of my daily driving experience has been with manual transmissions. At this point, for a normal daily driver, I'd rather have an automatic.
    However, if I was looking at a sports car (vintage or something like the Mazda MX5 GT), I'd want a stick. Even if a flappy paddle was faster.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

DTC's are amazing! Its so LIGHTING fast. A DTC car against a non DTC, all other things being equal, can have a fairly significant amount less horsepower and still beat the non DTC. I do understand the allure of the engagement a manual brings, but these cares are accelerating awfully fast these days so you better be one your game with a manual.

Daily driver in DFW traffic? Auto all day.

Fun car that comes out only occasionally? A manual is certainly on the table.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    My mother went to the dealer to get her SRX serviced and ended up driving out in a CT5-V.

It's pretty nice, I like the interior a whole lot more than my CTS-V.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This has to be the biggest conundrum of any gear head. Post 2013 (at least in the Corvette world) the auto is the quicker option. Probably earlier in German made options.
    I think the conundrum has an easy solution:
    do you want an experience?
    or do you just want to get A-B?
    function follows form in this case.

Life is too short to drive BORING cars.
    You get to dictate what is "boring" though.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I think the conundrum has an easy solution:
    do you want an experience?
    or do you just want to get A-B?
    function follows form in this case.

Life is too short to drive BORING cars.
    You get to dictate what is "boring" though.
    I couldn’t agree more. I literally have the shirt.

Still, a 2 pedal car doesn’t instantly make it a boring car.

User Tag List