Page 41 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

gone to the great junk yard in the sky.
    *sniff*
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Wow I'd say you got the life out of that one!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

*sniff*
    Looks LeMony to me.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

*sniff*
    For whatever its worth, I haven't seen another one of those on the road since, hell, 2006?

You had a properly long road with that one, I'd say!

Coming along. I've just about got the basics of the garage sorted (got the dehumidifier up in the window now). Time to get started on tearing apart this Series 5 front end so I can clean it up, figure out my control arm/spindle setup, and importantly start measuring for the K20 or K24. I gave the control arm bolts a bit of a tug earlier, but as predicted they are pretty solid. So I sprayed them down with some PB Blaster, let 'em sit over night. I'm hoping a breaker bar with a cheater on it, will get them off. If not, well, I keep threatening to get one of those cordless Ryobi impact guns...of course I have three different torches sitting around here, a butane, a propane, and a oxy-acetyline.

http://instagram.com/p/CFnX2YOp7wS/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    a butane, a propane, and a oxy-acetyline.
    Force Escalation

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Coming along. I've just about got the basics of the garage sorted (got the dehumidifier up in the window now).
    Needs moar canoe in the rafters.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Spent all day hanging around Hellcats at Bondurant.

It’s a big piggie beast of a car but they don’t exactly suck. The mechanics say they are little to no drama. Brakes and tires. Brakes and tires.

Getting in the Mini afterwords felt fragile and vulnerable.

Site Supporter
    of course I have three different torches sitting around here, a butane, a propane, and a oxy-acetyline.
    Come on Rob, a man of your academic standing should know how to spell acetylene, LOL.

Butane is for heat shrink, propane is useful for things like plumbing or melting the o-rings in broken-off dipstick tubes that are frozen into Ford 5.4L iron blocks so you can pull the remains of the tube out without driving it down into the pan or any other number of online redneck fixes (ask me how I know); oxyfuel of either the propane or acetylene variety is the only one known as the 'blue wrench.' I have all of those choices too, excepting that my oxyfuel is more specifically oxy-propane, and I skip the lesser two when it comes to rust-frozen fasteners. Because time is money and blaze orange is fastener speak for, "I give up."

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Come on Rob, a man of your academic standing should know how to spell acetylene, LOL.

Butane is for heat shrink, propane is useful for things like plumbing or melting the o-rings in broken-off dipstick tubes that are frozen into Ford 5.4L iron blocks so you can pull the remains of the tube out without driving it down into the pan or any other number of online redneck fixes (ask me how I know); oxyfuel of either the propane or acetylene variety is the only one known as the 'blue wrench.' I have all of those choices too, excepting that my oxyfuel is more specifically oxy-propane, and I skip the lesser two when it comes to rust-frozen fasteners. Because time is money and blaze orange is fastener speak for, "I give up."
    Ha, I literally just used the butane for some heat shrink and a little bit of soldering earlier.

The propane is one of those I have, because I found it when I was sorting through my dad's stuff.

I grew up on the oxy-acetylene torch for brazing copper lines and even low-grade, non-structural welding (though, obviously, a MIG/TIG/Arc are vastly superior for actual structural stuff).

Yea, if I have to go to the torch, a medium blue flame and five minutes should do it. Hopefully, I won't, because there are some almost 60-year old dry ass rubber bushings in those control arms that I really would prefer to not ignite...

That reminds me, when I grab an extension cord from Home Depot tomorrow, I need another fire extinguisher.

User Tag List