Page 200 of 207 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2064

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Yep 8-9 years ago we were selling our daughter's car for her. I put an ad on ebay or craigslist, hit send, hopped in my truck to run errands. 2 miles away my phone started ringing. The first 5 calls were all some variation of calling for a friend in the military, can I come look at it for him? etc etc. I have no idea how the scam worked but over the next couple of days maybe 10 more similar calls. One of my errands was to go to the DMV office to see if I should get the car titled in my name vs daughters to make the sale easier. Turns out the guy I talked to had a son looking for a car and he bought it a couple days later. I was really, really glad to take that ad down.

I decided to sell my Miata to Carvana, their offer was fair. But when their buyer got here he fell in love with it and bought it directly from me for himself. He still occasionally sends pics of him and his (hot) GF enjoying it out on drives.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Didn't even have it out for 24 hours, when a friend of the wife's who is in town until july, asked if we had a car they can borrow. So I guess it doesn't go back up for sale until july.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I decided to list my old Silverado for sale online though a local classifieds webpage, and within 30 mins of posting, I had two scammers trying to get me to send them some "vin report" baloney... not sure what the angle is, as the VIN is listed in the ad... I assume they are trying to skim for other personal info or credit cards when you go to their fake site.

I've now changed my listing to only use their built in website/app messenger.

Maybe just putting a "FOR SALE" sign in the window would have been easier. I should have sold it to webuyanycar.com a few months ago, probably, and avoided all the headache.
    My neighbor flips a lot of vehicles so I asked him how to sell my wife's CRV. He said FB so I did that. Had a lot of interest and had to time line some responses, but the vehicle was sold in 5 days. Dealers buyer came first with the cash that we wanted and it was gone. They come to you now. Wasn't the usual we-can-give-you-wholesale bluebook that you get at on a dealers lot. Those guys are living on the street now.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I've had a couple tire kicker lowball offers... Or I'm just way out of touch on my pricing.

Site Supporter
    Anybody on the forum have experience with RB Performance Brakes? I need pads and rotors for my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and I'm considering their 2-piece rotor and pad set. From what I've been able to find, they're good quality and well-reviewed. Stock replacement parts are out of the question here. The pricing is astronomical. There are some less expensive solid rotor options from PowerStop and EBC if it comes to that, but I'd like the weight savings of the 2-piece rotors and these seem like a good option.

I'm also looking at a set of Rotora stainless brake lines while I'm in there. They also seem to be well-reviewed and also the only option for this vehicle if I want to do front and rear both.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Anybody on the forum have experience with RB Performance Brakes? I need pads and rotors for my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and I'm considering their 2-piece rotor and pad set. From what I've been able to find, they're good quality and well-reviewed. Stock replacement parts are out of the question here. The pricing is astronomical. There are some less expensive solid rotor options from PowerStop and EBC if it comes to that, but I'd like the weight savings of the 2-piece rotors and these seem like a good option.

I'm also looking at a set of Rotora stainless brake lines while I'm in there. They also seem to be well-reviewed and also the only option for this vehicle if I want to do front and rear both.

Thanks
    The site may be fine, but there are several grammatical errors on that page, enough that I'd be double checking the veracity of that particular website.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I've had a couple tire kicker lowball offers... Or I'm just way out of touch on my pricing.
    The used car market has been gradually declining over the last year, but really plummeted recently. People just don't have as much to spend now the stimulus is gone and groceries are up...

User Tag List