Page 98 of 190 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Our in-house tuner randomly bought a '77 Mark IV because 'he'd always wanted one'. After pricing out AL heads and a proper EFI conversion with a decent ECU he decided to leave the iron heads in place and just do a cam/valvetrain stuff, cheap headers and a QuickFuel Holley carb on a basic dual-plane AL intake manifold. IIRC it made like 250whp but almost 425ft-lbs of torque. It would do burnouts all the way up and down the block and cruise wonderfully at 75-80. But any faster than 90 and the revs got high and the suspension started making us nervous. I think his best mileage was about 16mpg on the highway at around 70.

The same guy also loved the idea of turbos, as he had experience doing big twin turbo setups on big block Fords. He said those engines for whatever reason would just make fantastic power with turbos and moderate timing on pump premium. But the stock internals that those Lincolns got weren't Ford's best work, and after he priced out heads and a forged crank/rods/pistons, all the ARP hardware and Cometic gaskets and all that good stuff, even at shop cost it rapidly went into a 5-digit price tag, so he just kept it simple and put a huge stereo in it.
    LS all the things.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Cleaned 10 years of racing crap out of storage and the garage. Replaced it with shooting stuff.

Took me all week.

All that’s left are the cars…

Name:  99CAF654-38E6-4742-9BE5-880FC7DD3217.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  68.8 KB

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I am crying…….

The driver should be made a eunuch as he is 50 and has no excuse for not being able to drive a stick. Dude should have bought him a Mustang with a stick to thrash before the GT.

I also find it amazing that even in the would of super cars, people are still modding exhaust and suspension..

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I am crying…….

The driver should be made a eunuch as he is 50 and has no excuse for not being able to drive a stick.
    What I read about this sounded like like the stick shift story might have been a bullshit story he told five-oh.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    This guy need driving lessons.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Figured out why my shitbox Ranger was running cool on the highway but almost overheated in the drive through...

Name:  IMG_20220522_095752688.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20220522_095740264.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  38.6 KB

Right after posting these on Facebook, I got a targeted add for a scrapyard that buys junk cars. Fuck you, Zuckerberg. My clapped-out garbage is not for sale.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 05-22-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List