Page 155 of 191 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Oh man I would be pissed - they definitely should have checked a head for cracks before selling it as remanned...

The used car market is still screwy, but we're seeing signs of change in the pipeline. Repos are up and wholesale prices are coming down, but most car dealers aren't willing to take losses on their current inventory. Lenders are also complicit with "extend and pretend" schemes so they too don't have to write down losses.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Oh man I would be pissed - they definitely should have checked a head for cracks before selling it as remanned...

The used car market is still screwy, but we're seeing signs of change in the pipeline. Repos are up and wholesale prices are coming down, but most car dealers aren't willing to take losses on their current inventory. Lenders are also complicit with "extend and pretend" schemes so they too don't have to write down losses.
    For sure. I'm very unhappy with the whole situation. A crap ton of work down the drain. Time and money. They supposedly pressure test all the heads they work on. I told them I have my doubts on that.

As far as used or new car market... its all insanity to me. I don't know if it will improve... things seem to be getting worse, not better, locally.

First haul with the Cummins. My buddy Connor bought a '69 Buick Skylark so we borrowed a trailer from a guy named Terry and drove 2 hours to go get it. The car is mechanically complete but was last registered in '99. He hopes to have it on the road by the end of July which seems very possible. To make it nice again it will need a whole interior and rear quarters and a paint job but when your car is this cool it doesn't need to be nice.

Name:  cumminstow.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  74.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    First haul with the Cummins. My buddy Connor bought a '69 Buick Skylark so we borrowed a trailer from a guy named Terry and drove 2 hours to go get it. The car is mechanically complete but was last registered in '99. He hopes to have it on the road by the end of July which seems very possible. To make it nice again it will need a whole interior and rear quarters and a paint job but when your car is this cool it doesn't need to be nice.

I briefly owned a 69 California GS, a close relative of the pictured car. It never ran in my ownership, it needed too much rust repair for me to dive into it, but I got a title for it (original was missing), and made some $$ on the resale. Had a factory hood scoop with ram air type air cleaner, a very cool hood to look over even if it only had the Buick 350 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

I'm always personally of the mind of... with project cars, you get 'em working mechanically, drive 'em for a couple months at least to shake out any other Big Bugs, then go to work on the cosmetics once you know the bones are good.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Honest Dodge commercial- one of a series of different honest commercials:

It says part 2, but is the real place to start.

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

the red Sebring GTC convertible stick I've seen listed multiple times (like, it's been up and down on CL for over a year now) is back again.
    it's in western MO, so 1200 miles away.
    I could drop the wife and kid off in Wexford, PA on my way out so she can do her long family visit, and I could go get the car.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

the red Sebring GTC convertible stick I've seen listed multiple times (like, it's been up and down on CL for over a year now) is back again.
    it's in western MO, so 1200 miles away.
    I could drop the wife and kid off in Wexford, PA on my way out so she can do her long family visit, and I could go get the car.
    Can you fly out and drive back with it, or is it a towing situation?

In a bit of a conundrum for a vehicle, I have a leased '20 F150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost that runs out end of August leaving me in a spot to decide what to do when rates are trash and the car market in a weird limbo, and possible crash at some point, and I'm trying to go back away from leasing. My buyout price +tax/title/fees is basically equal to the truck trade in value where as 6 months ago when I stared planning to keep the truck the equity was vastly in my favor with the market. New trucks are downright unaffordable, especially with a new baby on the way. Leaving me with my other option to be a mid sized SUV.

My truck is in good condition and only 32k miles on it, but the history of the ecoboost engines worry me long term. The other vehicle I'm looking at the hardest is the Chevy Traverse RS, which depending where you look on the internet gets hit on hard because of prior engine problems. I know Chevy had a recall on the 3.6/Trans back in March, but I don't know how widespread it is or if the issue is actually fixed now and the old reviews are just that: old reviews and issues. We get family discounting on GM so prices aren't as bad, but we also already own an Acadia.

I'll be honest and say I don't know the car market, especially the way things are now, and I don't know engines as both my above options have historically had engine problems. But both engines are reportedly (maybe) potentially fixed. I also don't know what's just blown up online about the engines because people only go online to complain and never to say how great they've been. Anyone have any thoughts on which way to lean with market and engine in consideration?

Site Supporter
    I bought (read "financed") a new car last week. My Subaru WRX is almost 18 years old and has started to have more problems than I'd like. I figured I'd get another WRX, but the Subaru place here had a BRZ in stock. The BRZ has ridiculously little storage space but was even more fun to drive than a WRX and cheaper. My wife was fully supportive of the BRZ, so that's what I got. The steering on the car is amazing, and right now I'd rather be driving than doing just about anything else.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

User Tag List