Page 184 of 190 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1900

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So if BJJ is the art of folding laundry while someone is still wearing them, I now have a new description of my recent car work...
    Automotive Ju-Jitsu. Except I was the one being folded.
    I wanted to call it Automotive Yoga, but yoga never hurt like this the next day.

recent Jeep work:
    sealed upper lip of windshield (pretty sure the urethane holding it in has deteriorated, or there was a defect in it, allowing water to leak in.)
    front and rear diffs serviced.
    transfer case serviced.
    solved the oil drain pan problem. had to make 2 attempts to weld a nut on to the gorilla destroyed (not by me) drain bolt before i could get it out.

Name:  IMG_20240318_145106921.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  29.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20240318_145100632.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  22.8 KB

fuck you, I win.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    So if BJJ is the art of folding laundry while someone is still wearing them, I now have a new description of my recent car work...
    Automotive Ju-Jitsu. Except I was the one being folded.
    I wanted to call it Automotive Yoga, but yoga never hurt like this the next day.

recent Jeep work:
    sealed upper lip of windshield (pretty sure the urethane holding it in has deteriorated, or there was a defect in it, allowing water to leak in.)
    front and rear diffs serviced.
    transfer case serviced.
    solved the oil drain pan problem. had to make 2 attempts to weld a nut on to the gorilla destroyed (not by me) drain bolt before i could get it out.

Name:  IMG_20240318_145106921.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  29.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20240318_145100632.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  22.8 KB

fuck you, I win.
    Looks like you waited for the nut to cool before it came out of the spill hole after welding. That can be some hot oil. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Looks like you waited for the nut to cool before it came out of the spill hole after welding. That can be some hot oil. 😀
    yea I sprayed it down with some water to help cool it. Not gonna lie almost wish I had a lump of coal in a specific place; as I was ever so slightly putting more torque on that bolt, when I heard the magic *CRACK!* sound, I wasn't sure if it had broke or turned. luckily it turned.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

friend of mine...
    2013 Honda Odyssey 137k miles
    MIL came on one day.
    she took it to her Honda dealer.
    they diagnosed bad catalytic converter.
    she came here, found the MIL to be OFF, and a P0420 code permanent stored, but NOT active currently.
    we went for a drive and I did some datalogging...

Name:  Screenshot_20240320-092056.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  67.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20240320-092126.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20240320-092154.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20240320-092221.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  67.8 KB

now, i'm not a honda guy, and for some reason my tool wouldn't show the 4 sensors in actual vehicle app specific mode (could be I didn't see them) so I had to use EODB mode, which usually just shows raw data like this. I have my opinion (obviously) of what's going on, but I'd like to see what other people think.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    friend of mine...
    2013 Honda Odyssey 137k miles
    MIL came on one day....
    (snip)
    now, i'm not a honda guy, and for some reason my tool wouldn't show the 4 sensors in actual vehicle app specific mode (could be I didn't see them) so I had to use EODB mode, which usually just shows raw data like this. I have my opinion (obviously) of what's going on, but I'd like to see what other people think.
    I'd eyeball the physical sensors. Looks to me like bank 2 sensor 1 is malfunctioning. Best SWAG is a cheap aftermarket sensor that should be replaced.
    Any datalogs from the other sensors? Do the fuel trims look normal?

curious why you think B2S1 is malfunctioning?

I do have data from the downstream sensors, just no graphs of it currently (they can be generated though.)
    sadly i didn't think to log fuel trims or throttle.

It’s amazing how big the Cobra looks next to the GT40s. BTW, it sounds awesome though AirPods or headphones…

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I too immediately thought the green trace to be abnormal but I guess one could question at the places where the two traces vary widely which one is wrong. Do you know what happened at those spots? Change in throttle position? Change in engine speed?

Was the GT40/Cobra race a modern classic car race? I kept thinking dang how many laps is this pass going to take? And the second GT40 never got by?

User Tag List