Page 105 of 191 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1901

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I lived with an MR2 for several years as my only car. Having both a trunk and a frunk is pretty awesome.
    And, just to put that in context, the MR2 has about half the storage volume of the Cayman.

@TheCarl, I think you've got your car decided. Just tell her you're buying a sporty hatchback. I mean, hey...the Cayman is sporty, and it's a hatchback.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how much a Cayman can fit. ... Grocery runs are certainly not an issue in it, I've done overflowing shopping cart type trips to Costco with my Cayman and had plenty of room.
    I was perfectly happy, annnnnnnd, now I want one. Shit...

Not so hard to get $50 of groceries in on the motorcycle...

Name:  photo_2022-07-07_13-24-24.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  33.9 KBName:  photo_2022-07-07_13-24-33.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  30.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    And, just to put that in context, the MR2 has about half the storage volume of the Cayman.

@TheCarl, I think you've got your car decided. Just tell her you're buying a sporty hatchback. I mean, hey...the Cayman is sporty, and it's a hatchback.
    Stands to reason!

Site Supporter
    Name:  20160401_175842.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  54.8 KBName:  20160401_175853.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  79.6 KB

Some old synapses sparked and I realized I had a backup of all my phone camera pics from my full time hotrod workshop days of 2013-2016ish.

This white STi was our crazy build I mentioned a few posts back.
    2.6L Cosworth stroker, Precision 6766 turbo, BC 272 cams and valvetrain, port work, Cosworth intake manifold, fire hose sized injectors (Early ID2000's I believe) Made 880awhp on our AWD dyno.
    The dyno pic is from its previous 2.5L block and a pump gas tune which was in the mid 500's if memory serves.

As I scroll through this memory lane I may post a few more

Site Supporter
    Name:  20160107_103752.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  67.0 KBName:  20160107_103808.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  67.7 KB

A no-bullshit '65 Shelby GT350 fastback racecar. Logbook with chassis # matching its use with the Terlingua racing team in Trans-Am in the mid-late 60's. Owner put a TKO600 5-spd and A/C in it so he could daily drive it in the summer (seriously awesome dude with excellent priorities, IMHO) Lots of problems with a hydraulic clutch conversion though.

The camshaft was surprisingly mild but the engine pulled hard to its 7000rpm redline. Good throttle response and torque. The Tri-Y headers were surprisingly well made for 'because race car' especially in the 1960's and crappy MIG welding.

Name:  20160106_184639.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  66.8 KB
    There's 'that guy' and there's 'WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?'. This is the underside of a '94 Supra 6-spd with a seriously monster build. I was doing a PPI for a buyer in Florida as a somewhat-known Supra expert. Yes, that's the battery relocation cable making physical contact with braided fuel feed lines in the extreme upper right, and contact again with the fittings near the Y. The fingerprints on the fuel filter are the prints I left in fuel residue from fittings that failed to seal due to mixing JIC and AN standards and just cranking them tighter to make them 'seal'.

Needless to say, the potential buyer was very happy to decline the sale. It was an impressive build though - 2JZ-GTE 3.4L stroker, Garrett GT4788, all the fixins in the top end, etc. Made ~1300whp through the Tilton quad disc clutch and the 100% original Getrag V160 6-spd.
    Name:  20160106_183441.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  72.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Name:  20160107_103752.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  67.0 KBName:  20160107_103808.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  67.7 KB

A no-bullshit '65 Shelby GT350 fastback racecar. Logbook with chassis # matching its use with the Terlingua racing team in Trans-Am in the mid-late 60's. Owner put a TKO600 5-spd and A/C in it so he could daily drive it in the summer (seriously awesome dude with excellent priorities, IMHO) Lots of problems with a hydraulic clutch conversion though.

The camshaft was surprisingly mild but the engine pulled hard to its 7000rpm redline. Good throttle response and torque. The Tri-Y headers were surprisingly well made for 'because race car' especially in the 1960's and crappy MIG welding.
    I'll be in my bunk. Maybe multiple times.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Watch A 4,000+ HP Drag Corvette Take Flight

I may not be the smartest guy in the room, but if you're putting down 4000HP wouldn't wheelie bars be more than just a good suggestion whether the class rules required them or not?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Bringing Color to Racing: National Liveries in Motorsports

Have you ever wondered why they call it “British Racing Green?” Thought about why Ferrari and the color red are inseparable? Or stopped to question why a disproportionate number of American muscle cars are blue with white racing stripes? It turns out that all of these questions have the same answer. In the early days of motorsports, when the competition was still driven more by national pride than corporate advertising budgets, race cars were painted in official national colors rather than plastered with paid-for stickers from a dozen different companies. If you are looking for some historical inspiration for decorating your next car or simply want some motorsports trivia to impress your friends, the story of national racing is filled with some interesting twists and turns.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'll be in my bunk. Maybe multiple times.
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

OCD desire to be within 0.001" of the middle of tolerance range + Toyota valve shims = waste of a Saturday

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-23 19.42.16.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  75.2 KB

I don't know why, but every single time I do adjust lash on one of these shim-over-bucket Toyotas I manage to have a few valve lashes that fall wildly outside of my expectation for my first shim swap. This time it appears I got confused on which bank I was measuring for 3 of the exhaust valves... Does this happen to you too JRB & Olong?

JRB if this car had come in for a ~120,000 mile service would you have bothered to adjust it with 1 valve just 0.001" loose, another valve 0.0005" too loose, and a bunch at/near the limit? 3.3 3MZ grocery getter...

PS: Is there a good online toyota parts dealer? I used to use Champion or Jay Marks, but I can't find either anymore...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 07-23-2022 at 10:46 PM.

User Tag List